Robin Ambrose's Reviews > My Double Life

My Double Life by Janette Rallison

Jan 01, 2011

bookshelves: ya
Read in January, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I love Janette Rallison. I do. I confess. I love her books, I love her characters, I love her writing, I love her stories. I just love her. She needs to write more books, faster, because I do believe I've read everything she's written.

Her books don't make me think deeply or examine my life. The plot twists are good fun, but not shocking. They just make me feel good. I love life a little more after I've finished a Rallison book.

My Double Life is no exception. Take a girl who has been raised without her father. Add a famous rock star that could be her clone. Reveal that the rock star is her half-sister. Hire the girl to be her sister's double, and keep her biological identity from her sister, her sister's evil manager, her sister's fans, a legion of paparazzi... and the sexy but decent and good male rock star that is her sister's nemesis, but who has a lot in common with the girl. Let everyone meet everyone else until, finally, she meets her father who is the only one who can tell the difference. Throw in the requisite blow-up, a break-up, and a sad plane trip back to her real life, followed by days of suspense and a personal appearance by three big-name rock personalities in her small town, and you have... one happy reader.

I heartily recommend anything Rallison to anyone.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Double Life.