Deb 's Reviews > Open and Shut

Open and Shut by David Rosenfelt

Aug 28, 2015

bookshelves: 2016-books-read, audio-books

I finally finished listening to this book! I really found it hard to find uninterrupted listening time, but when we went on vacation in February, I made it a point to restart it. I really liked it, and the narration was excellent.

Attorney Andy Carpenter agrees to represent Willy Martin, convicted of murdering a young woman, when his case is reopened. As Andy and his team build their defense, Andy discovers a secret his father had kept for almost 40 years. This secret, represented by a photo of some very powerful men as college students, threatens Andy; he is harassed and attacked legally and physically. Andy eventually untangles a tightly woven knot of lies which directly impacts his court case.
All in all, this was an engrossing listen.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Open and Shut.

August 28, 2015 – Started Reading
August 28, 2015 – Shelved
August 29, 2015 –
33.0% "Actually I'm listening to it."
September 1, 2015 –
September 4, 2015 –
50.0% "I am listening to this one, and while I enjoy it, listening takes much longer than reading! I don't always have the time/space available to listen in the same way I have reading time."
October 17, 2015 –
November 25, 2015 –
60.0% "Having a hard time finding time/space to listen to this which is why it's not finished. I miss my outdoor deck time."
March 6, 2016 –