Warda's Reviews > Throne of Glass

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

bookshelves: re-reads, i-fell-in-love
Read 4 times. Last read June 27, 2018 to August 9, 2018.

Reread x 4!
I can’t believe this series is coming to an end. 😢
It’s brought me so much comfort and happiness.

Obsession isn’t enough of a word to describe what I feel towards Sarah J Maas and these books. Fandoms have never been my thing. Well, since Harry Potter. Then I came across her books because of the hype and I am grateful to have found people as loony over it as I am.

——————————————————

This series seems to be getting better with every reread! And this book in particular as it was my least favourite. But it helped reading The Assassin's Blade before Throne of Glass as it delved deeper into Celaena's character and one is able to form a connection with her.

Her skills as an assassin aren't really explored in Throne of Glass, it's all talk and no action. But reading the prequel novellas, you are able to see how hardcore and badass she actually is, thus accepting the all talk and no action that happens in Throne of Glass.

I love the characters, the world and Maas's writing. I always feel so wrapped in it!

So many hints were dropped in this book that are explored in the other books. I loved being able to pick up on them this time round and appreciate that Maas cleverly plants those points in her books and later builds up upon them so thoroughly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Throne of Glass.

Quotes Warda Liked

Sarah J. Maas
“Libraries were full of ideas—perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.”
Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass

August 28, 2015 – Started Reading
August 28, 2015 – Shelved
August 29, 2015 –
page 104
August 29, 2015 –
page 284
70.3% "Not blown away, but really enjoying it.."
August 30, 2015 –
page 351
86.88% "Every time I put this book down, I keep thinking about it."
August 31, 2015 – Finished Reading
August 20, 2016 – Shelved as: re-reads
August 20, 2016 –
page 6
1.49% "I'm ready and not ready for Empire of Storms."
August 20, 2016 –
page 47
11.63% "“She owes allegiance to none but herself…”"
August 21, 2016 – Started Reading
August 21, 2016 –
page 110
27.23% "Ugh, loving this so much more the 2nd time round. I've missed Chaol!! #bae"
August 21, 2016 –
page 211
52.23% "“I can survive well enough on my own—if given proper reading material.”"
August 22, 2016 –
page 312
August 23, 2016 –
page 344
85.15% "It was always going to be Chaol from the beginning."
August 23, 2016 – Finished Reading
August 31, 2017 – Started Reading
August 31, 2017 –
page 20
4.95% "Reread number 3! When I fell in love with Chaol.. 😍"
September 1, 2017 –
page 39
9.65% "Every time Celaena remembers her homeland, pine and snow are always mentioned. And we all know who smells of pine and snow... 😏"
September 2, 2017 –
page 146
36.14% "“I can survive well enough in my own—if given proper reading material.” – I love this line so much! Celaena, a bookish assassin!"
September 3, 2017 –
page 293
72.52% "“There was beauty in Chaol's face—and strength, and honor, and loyalty.”"
September 3, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 28, 2017 – Shelved as: i-fell-in-love
June 27, 2018 – Started Reading
June 28, 2018 –
page 102
25.25% "Grumpy Chaol is my favourite kind of Chaol."
August 6, 2018 –
page 211
52.23% "This series is such a comfort read for me. HP style. Time to reread them all before Kingdom of Ash."
August 8, 2018 –
page 321
79.46% "“I name you Elentiya, ‘Spirit That Could Not Be Broken.’”

I’m gonna see this as a foreshadowing for Kingdom of Ash. 🙃"
August 9, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

marlene They get a lot better! And yes team Chaol! :D

Warda Starting to see that now with Crown of Midnight. It's so good. And still loving Chaol. :D

Toyni Erica - toyniericasverden I think I'll have to reread this one sometimes too, because reading the assassin's blade really gave a more clear picture of Celaena!
Maybe I'll understand more of the series myself.

message 4: by Warda (last edited Sep 03, 2017 10:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Warda The Assassin's Blade provides so much clarity and insight into her character, I loved it! And yes, it definitely helps you understand the series better as a whole. :))

message 5: by Masooma (new)

Masooma Glad that you love this series because there have been several mixed reviews on this one :) Hope you are well, btw, it has been a while that I have read your review <3

Warda Thanks Masooma! It's one of my all-time favourites. And thank you! Hope you've been well too! ☺️

Warda Craig wrote: "Great review Warda!! And there is a prequel??😮 My reading OCD is twitching now haha!"

message 8: by Svetlana (new) - added it

Svetlana great review Warda! I had a friend at uni called Warda too 😎 and I really want to read this series - It’s the one thing I will do this year!! you said that you read The Assassin’s Blade before reading Throne of Glass.. wouldn’t that spoil the earlier books? I’ve already been spoiled for A LOT! too many insta pics lol. but I’m just curious as I heard that you’re supposed read The Assassin’s Blade later on

Warda Craig wrote: "Warda wrote: "Craig wrote: "Great review Warda!! And there is a prequel??😮 My reading OCD is twitching now haha!"

LOL yes, there is and it is VITAL!!!!! It is much better than Throne of Glass. :D"..."

You don't have to.. but certain aspects to Celaena's character will make more sense to you. It has a lot of history and adds to her development I guess. Just read it, Craig. 😆

Warda Svetlana wrote: "great review Warda! I had a friend at uni called Warda too 😎 and I really want to read this series - It’s the one thing I will do this year!! you said that you read The Assassin’s Blade before read..."

Hahaha love that little tidbit! 😆 It wouldn't spoil the series for you, since the events that occur in The Assassin's Blade happen before Throne of Glass. You can read it later on, but I've read the series a few times and that's my personal preference of reading the book. You don't have to read it that way. 😊 Hope you enjoy the series!

Warda Craig wrote: "Warda wrote: "Craig wrote: "Warda wrote: "Craig wrote: "Great review Warda!! And there is a prequel??😮 My reading OCD is twitching now haha!"

LOL yes, there is and it is VITAL!!!!! It is much bett..."

LOL yayay! Hope you enjoy it!!😁

Lisha This is my favorite YA series so far... <3

Warda Alishba wrote: "This is my favorite YA series so far... <3"

Mine too! 🤩

Ashley I haven’t read the Assassin’s blade yet :-) it’s on my shelf while I contain myself so that I can read it right before *controls sob* the last book.

I love this series more than life. I had the pleasure of discovering it last year as well right after empire of storms came out so I had 5 books to read in a row :-D it was AMAZING!

message 15: by Nasom (last edited Jun 28, 2018 08:01AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nasom You are an SJM Addict, Warda

Warda Ashley wrote: "I haven’t read the Assassin’s blade yet :-) it’s on my shelf while I contain myself so that I can read it right before *controls sob* the last book.

I love this series more than life. I had the p..."

OMG ASHLEY YESSSSSS!! I love this series more than life hahahah. It was the best thing binge-ing these books. You must’ve had the best time!
The Assassin’s Blade will BREAK you! It’s so so gooooood! 😍😭

Warda Nasom wrote: "You are an SJM Addict, Warda"

100%!! ✊🏽
She’s my author soulmate. 😍

⭐️KasiaTopia⭐️ I am also rereading ToG (my all time fave series<3) before the big finale! I like it even better than the first time. Glad that you love this as well

Warda ⭐️KasiaTopia⭐️ wrote: "I am also rereading ToG (my all time fave series<3) before the big finale! I like it even better than the first time. Glad that you love this as well"

OMG awesome!!! :D
It's always better with a reread with this series. I get more and more attached to the world and the characters each time! :D Enjoy!!!

message 20: by Hawaa (new)

Hawaa Both my daughters read Throne of Glass, it was one of the first books I got for them when we returned to UK. They enjoyed it a lot. Glad you enjoyed it too.

Warda Hawaa wrote: "Both my daughters read Throne of Glass, it was one of the first books I got for them when we returned to UK. They enjoyed it a lot. Glad you enjoyed it too."

I'm so glad they did! It's an awesome series. :)