Lena's Reviews > 1001 Islands

1001 Islands by K.T. Munson

liked it
bookshelves: free-to-review, self-published, by-friends-following, 18-up, 2015, reviewed, reviewed-rated-on-amazon
Recommended for: Adults only: 18+

1001 Islands

The sliver of moonlight cast eerie shadows across the deck of The Dark Revenge. The Silence at the helm stood embracing the obscurity. His foreboding presence matched the anticipation aboard the ship, and no one spoke for fear they would break the stillness that encompassed them.

Tonight, everything changed.

The Dark Revenge gained on the Regatta. The raiders said nothing but he could hear the shuffle of taut female clothing and the tension in the air. It hadn’t sensed their existence, and drifted like heedless prey. Princess Roxana slept, unsuspecting of what was hunting her in the inky blackness of the night.

There was only one thing on the minds of The Silence’s crew as they drew near; Hang the Kings, Crown the People.
(Blurb from Goodreads)

I don't think I've ever had such a hard time rating a book as I did with 1001 Islands.

Characters

The characters were great. They each had very distinct personalities; even the supporting characters were well-done. It was nice to see their personal struggles and the way they understood things.

Plot

The general plot line was very interesting, but there were several themes to the book that went directly against what I believe. Otherwise, I would have liked it much better. For the most part it was unpredictable and even quite exciting at times.

Overall thoughts

I really wanted to see a map. I'm sure the map would be quite beautiful, and would really help with understanding the story. The writing would have been excellent with a polishing touch. There were stunningly beautiful metaphors and descriptions, but it could have used the eye of an editor before publication. The fight scenes could have been expanded, also; I found them almost too short to be interesting. And a graphically intimate scene between two of the main characters further lowered my rating.

Would I recommend it? It really depends on your worldview
What age would I recommend it for? Adults, 18+
Would I read the other books in the series? Probably not, but I might give them a shot

Overall Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1001 Islands.

August 27, 2015 – Shelved
October 10, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015
October 10, 2015 – Finished Reading
October 15, 2015 – Shelved as: reviewed
October 15, 2015 – Shelved as: reviewed-rated-on-amazon

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by K.T. (new)

K.T. Munson Well that's worrisome.