Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Rode Hard, Put Up Wet

Rode Hard, Put Up Wet by Lorelei James

bookshelves: cowboy, multiple-partners

4 Stars!!!!

"Rode Hard, Put Up Wet" Rough Riders Book two by Lorelei James is the second book in this steamy series.

Ok, well first I have to say that Lorelei has become one of my favorite authors. She completely hooked me me with her "Blacktop Cowboys" series. This series, "Rough Riders" is another I am looking forward to reading as there are many books. 16.5 being the last one. The first book was amazing. I didn't love this one as much. It had all the sex and steam with intense heroes but I felt like something was missing for me. It could have been because there were two couple's searching for there HEA's rather than the usual one. I believe because of the back and fourth, I didn't have the usual connection to the characters. Gemma and Macie were strong woman, emotionally and physically and they were NOT pushovers. The heroes however, got on my nerves more often that not. Cash and Carter were hot, sexy alphas when it came to the bedroom (and other places..wink, wink) but they both had a lot of insecurities that made them a bit whiny for me. I was happy with the ending, their HEA's. That being said, I wasn't crazy with some of the choices Cash and Carter made when in came to the women in their lives.

Gemma is a widow and an older woman in her late forties. She is ten years older than Cash. She has been alone for long enough and is ready to move on with her life. Gemma is ready to ask Cash to help her on her ranch...and with others things. ;)

Cash has secretly been in love with Gemma for the past two years but she wasn't ready for him. Until now. Cash accepts Gemma's offer to help with her ranch with the intention to help with more than just chores. In fact, he makes that a job stipulation. She is the boss of the ranch but he is the boss in the bedroom. Now all he needs to do is get Gemma to fall in love with him.

Macie is Cash's daughter. Macie desperately wants a father/daughter relationship with him. Cash has been absent most of her life and lets just say he is no father-of-the-year. But Macie is hopeful he wants to be a better father to her. While waiting at a rodeo for her father to meet up with her, she meets Carter McKay, a sexy, attractive cowboy. (who just so happens to work on the Bar 9, Gemma's ranch)

Carter is an intense, emotional character. He is an artist and pretty insecure. You'll read about why he feels that way. Carter is demanding when it comes to Macie, the woman he is becoming obsessed with. Unfortunately Carter has a lot to learn when it comes to woman and relationships. He learns all this the hard way.

I liked that we get a visit from characters of the previous book, Colby, Channing and Trevor. In addition, we get visits from Colby and Carter's other siblings as well as a couple of others that will have their own future books. I'm looking forward to that and the next book which will feature the eldest McKay brother, Cord and girl next-door AJ Foster.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rode Hard, Put Up Wet.

August 27, 2015 – Shelved