Jessica's Reviews > Dr. Seuss's ABC

Dr. Seuss's ABC by Dr. Seuss

F 50x66
Dec 31, 2010

did not like it

I was highly disappointed in this book. Dr. Seuss would be turning angrily in his grave for how they placed this book together. There are a couple of pages that lay out exactly what Dr. Seuss wrote, but then there are other pages that do not even have the right words. It is as though the publishing company rewrote this classic book. There are words that are missing and pages rewrote entirely. I am upset. I understand that it is a short book, but at least keep it Dr. Seuss. I got this book for my two year old son. But I would rather get the actual book with the correct words written by the amazing author. There is no need to rewrite anything. This book was not entertaining. It did not rhyme where pages were rewritten or words were removed. When you get so used to reading it a certain way that makes sense and the kids are entertained and then you go to this, it is maddening.
If I was looking to buy this book, I would buy the true Dr. Seuss version, not this cheap rip off of a failed try to make it work.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dr. Seuss's ABC.

03/30 marked as: read

Louise Oh, I am new to Dr. Seuss so I had no idea. How will I know which version is the right one?? And just how different are they exactly??

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim I ran across a review at Amazon.com that addresses your observation. It seems the "board book" is the offender - illustrations are missing and sentences that used break over to the next page are combined onto one page.

Some commenters like that the abridged version is "easier to read".