Cora Tea Party Princess's Reviews > All That Glitters

All That Glitters by Holly Smale

5 Words: High-school, friends, fame, family, stars.

This is probably the least hilarious and most heart-breaking of these books.

Something in this one in particular just resonated with me, and I wanted to cry because I recognised my own past in these pages. Just without the modelling. Because high-school sucked.

I miss Lion Boy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All That Glitters.

Quotes Cora Liked

Holly Smale
“Because here's the thing about a book: when you pick up a story, you put down your own”
Holly Smale, All That Glitters

Holly Smale
“There's a humpback whale in the ocean that sings at fifty-two hertz: too low for any other whale to hear. Scientists aren't sure if it's a genetic anomaly, or a sole survivor of an extinct species, or just a whale who accidentally learnt the wrong song. They just know that it's probably the loneliest mammal on earth.”
Holly Smale, All That Glitters

August 25, 2015 – Started Reading
August 25, 2015 – Shelved
August 25, 2015 –
page 90
19.4% "Poor Harriet :-( I know that feeling only too well, school well and truly sucked."
page 152
32.76% "Harriet is so funny, these books never fail to make me smile. Even if sometimes they make me want to cry."
page 202
43.53% "Oh dear, Harriet. What was it you just said about getting tangled up in a web of lies?"
page 252
54.31% "Things are really looking up and I'm not looking forward to the part where it all comes crashing down."
August 26, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Franki (new) - added it

Franki White I've been tempted to buy these every time I see them in asda!0

Cora Tea Party Princess Franki wrote: "I've been tempted to buy these every time I see them in asda!0"

You should they're so good!

Isobel I hated how she kept the postcard and didn't get back together with nick :(

we r deleting goodreads. soooooo right