Sandy's Reviews > Matched

Matched by Ally Condie

Dec 30, 2010

bookshelves: favorites, read-in-2011, premise-i-love, i-own, cliffhangerssss, chemistry-sigh, can-t-stop-thinking-about, pretty-prose
Read from January 07 to 10, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matched.

Quotes Sandy Liked

Ally Condie
“His lips move silently, and I know what he says: the words of a poem that only two people in the world know.”

Ally Condie
“So in the middle of all the noise, I point to the sky. I hope he understands what I mean, because I mean so many things: My heart will always fly his name. I won't go gentle. I'll find a way to soar like the angels in the stories and I will find him. And I know he understands as he looks straight at me, deep into my eyes. His lips move silently, and I know what he says: the words of a poem that only two people in the world know. Tears well up but I blink them away. Because if there is one moment in my life that I want to see clearly, this is it.”

Ally Condie
“But if you were Matched," I say softly, "What do you think she'd be like?"
"You," he says, almost before I've finished. "You.”

Ally Condie
“It’s harder to break something than you would think. I
wonder if the Society is finding this to be true of me as well.”
Ally Condie, Matched

Angela Glad to see that someone else loved this as much as I did! :)

Sandy Your review for Matched is so perfect, Angela. For my review, I pretty much just want to write "What Angela said" and leave it at that. You captured everything I felt while reading Matched. I finished it and turned around and read it again immediately after I was done.

Angela @Sandy: Like I wrote in the other place you commented, I really appreciate your compliments about my review of Matched; it's very flattering. I don't tend to re-read books, even ones I loved, but I might consider pulling this one off the shelf again closer to the release of the sequel. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much that you read it back to back! :)