Kelly's Reviews > Where There's a Will

Dec 30, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: ebooks, read-in-2011
Read from December 31, 2010 to January 01, 2011

First off, guys, I'm looking at that synopsis there and I wouldn't say this book is filled with overly explicit sex. Mildly explicit maybe. There are orgasms. Lots of them, really, but I've read books so, so much naughtier than this one and I don't think they included a warning about the type of sex I was about to read about. Which, let's be honest, tells me that I read waaaaay too many naughty books.

Huh. Once again, I'm sharing a little too much of myself when I review sexy books. Go figure. I'm going to a have to switch over to non-sexy books on travel or people are going to start thinking bad things about me. (Psst, it'll never happen. The travel book thing, that is. If you're want to think bad things about me, I won't stop you. *wink*)

Anyway. Now that this review is showing a disturbing bent toward taking on a life of its own, I should probably reel it back in before it starts setting up house on a tropical island and seducing the natives in the moonlight.

I liked this book. It was a contemporary romance without the paranormal slant that I usually go for (and everyone knows that I have a hard time with the contemporary romances!) but I enjoyed it. Malcolm was kinda yummy. Sometimes I wonder why more men don't wear kilts. But that's not really the point. Based on his past, Malcolm's feelings of betrayal over Chloe's actions felt real. I think Chloe should have bucked up and told him about the provisions of the will before he found out but where would the fun be in a story where everything went perfectly. Nowhere. That's where the fun'd be. Nowhere.

Overall, I enjoyed it. The descriptions of the scenery were fantastic. The gossipiness of the small town felt pretty darn accurate. The characters had chemistry.

Not bad for the first book of the new year.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where There's a Will.