Calista's Reviews > The Sword in the Stone

The Sword in the Stone by T.H. White

I'll say I really enjoyed parts of this book and I zoned out during other parts of this movie. I'm a huge fan of the Disney cartoon and the characters and scenes they left out for the most part were smart and I didn't miss them.

I am glad that I read this classic and I want to finish the Once and future King. There is a lot going on here and much of it is the myth of King Arthur. I feel like this was written for a different time and when it was written it revolutionized the Arthurian Myth.

I still love the story of the boy Wart learning from Merlin and not understanding what a gift that is. He got to be animals and learn the lesson of putting yourself in another's shoes and what is life like for them. I think it's a powerful story. I also love love that British Dialect he gave to so many of the characters. It was amazing. Whatever is in the water in Britain gives the people the power of words. I love it. They are so descriptive. I think as an American we have lost a little of that gift as a whole and reduced our language down. I know not everyone. I also love how many times Wart puts the sword back in the stone to prove he can pull it out. Made me laugh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sword in the Stone.

August 24, 2015 – Shelved