Wanda's Reviews > Hunters & Prey

Hunters & Prey by Katie Salidas

Dec 30, 2010

bookshelves: own, reviewed
Read from December 30, 2010 to January 06, 2011

Hunters & Prey is my 3rd book of Katie Salidas. And I must say she doesn't disappoint me. Her other two books were short paranormal erotic novellas and she hooked me from there. So when she contacted me and asked me if I'd be interested in reading "Hunters & Prey" I immediately agreed. Now as GCR followers, you guys should know I am NOT really into paranormal books. But I must admit with Katie Salidas along with another author has lured me into the genre. And to my surprise, I'm really enjoying the genre =)

So in Hunters & Prey you have Alyssa a fairly new vampire that is roughly adjusting to her new life while missing lots of things of her mortal life. Mostly including her BFF Fallon. As how else to welcome her into this new life but to have conflicts with a strong hunter. Someone out to kill vampires. After a huge blowout, they come face to face again. And not knowing what to do Alyssa runs back to her old hangout spot and bumps into her BFF Fallon. Where she has to explain her whereabouts and such, which ended up in a confession as to what she really is: a vampire.

But by revealing to a mortal that she's a vampire she breaks the law. No mortal should be part of the immortal world and vice versa. Little did Alyssa know that by revealing her new identity she sets up Fallon for nothing but trouble. And that's where the action begins.

I read this book in 3 days. I would have read it quicker but I have a child that demands too much attention. This is a great read. I love how Alyssa and her clan pulled together through all the drama. Yes certain members in her clan gave her grief like "Nicholas" (He's my favorite character. I LOOOVEEE his personality) but everything is done together as a family. I just loved this book. If I keep on talking about it, I'd probably give spoilers and that's the last thing I wanna do. Katie has turned this paranormal book to fit today's views and she just lures you in. This is definitely a "Good Choice for Reading". So if you're looking for an action packed paranormal book then you must buy this book. You won't be disappointed. I give this one a 5 out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunters & Prey.

message 1: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. I had a lot of fun writing it. I hope you'll stick around for the next installment of the Immortalis series.

Wanda I definitely will. Can't wait to read "Pandora's Box".