Jessica's Reviews > The Daring Book for Girls

The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J. Buchanan

Jan 27, 2008

did not like it

At first I thought I would love this book, since we love The Dangerous Book for boys. However, after looking at it further and seeing the sections on: Conjuring up the spirit of Bloody Mary, Palm reading, Levitation, and Summoning spirits... It will not be a book I will let me girls have and keep in my home. I don't know why they had to include this garbage.

I did like the idea of the book, and found something similar on the Bargain shelf at Barnes and Noble a couple weeks ago, that was reprinted from the late 1800's and looks great so far: The Original Girl's Handy Book. Another great option by the same author is: The American Girl's Handy Book: Making the Most of Outdoor Fun ( has this right now for only $5.99) Just a couple other options!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Daring Book for Girls.

Started Reading
December 1, 2007 – Finished Reading
January 27, 2008 – Shelved

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my! I didn't see all that! I saw the Bloody Mary one, DD1 pointed it out and we talked about it. That is so sad!

Alecia Jones The authors aren't superstitious- so what? Games like that were exciting and fun as a young girl. More worrisome would be parents who could raise a girl and not feel the need to explain why these games aren't real.