Marla Josephs's Reviews > Falling

Falling by Ryanne Anthony

30020805

This book was raw and edgy. It totally grabbed my interest from the beginning. I would have loved to see the pacing evened out more, or maybe the scenes to be more fleshed out. But, hey, Ryanne Anthony knows how to spin an engaging story. I read the book through in almost 1 sitting because I didn't want to put it down. I loved the characters, even Jaxen, who clearly has some issues. I'm still not clear what exactly Jaxen's issues stem from. He and his sister seem to have a love hate relationship. And, this makes the dynamics of the story that much more interesting. The characters are so...out there? in some ways, yet at the same time so real. The whole cast almost reminded me of the crazy neighbors who always seemed to have some fascinating drama going on. They're all really nice, so you can't complain about them. But, you scratch your head at how the neighborhood professor or surgeon has these wild but nice kids.

I really also enjoyed Kimber's mom. She felt very down to earth and real to me. The love story between Jaxen and Kimber, however, takes center stage and it's not an easy one. Jaxen can be such a sweetheart and such a jerk. Yet, I found myself rooting for them and wanting them to work things out. They clearly love each other, though it's not totally clear to me why Jaxen messes things up at one point. I have my assumptions, but I'm not sure.

This is definitely a page turner and I look forward to finding out what's next in the complicated world of Negative Ion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling.

August 23, 2015 – Started Reading