Amanda Wise's Reviews > Decline

Decline by Michelle Irwin

** spoiler alert ** I received an ARC for an honest review.
This book picks up right where Decide left off. While it is not necessary to read Decide, it does help tremendously to understand all of the extensive history between the two main characters, Alyssa & Declan.
In Decline we find Declan-spiraling out of control-both in his personal and professional life. The reason--he saw Alyssa-at one of his races-after 4 years of no contact on his part... He is haunted by her-memories force their way through everything and he is forced to take a vacation to figure himself out. Only-unbeknownst to either of them they find themselves on the same international flight-in side-by-side seats no less... Fate is a knowing, but cruel mistress. They find themselves in the same pattern of insecurities and resentment/fear that drove them apart so long ago until Declan stumbles upon a truth that had been kept from him... However, can he overcome his pattern of self hate & immature lashing out in anger and be the man Alyssa needs? Is it too late for them both??
Big cliffhanger at the end, leaves the reader in a state of shock-I. Need. The. Next. Book!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decline.

Finished Reading