Robin's Reviews > Beyond the Deepwoods

Beyond the Deepwoods by Paul Stewart

Dec 29, 2010

Recommended for: fantasy lovers everywhere!

This juvenile fantasy gem caught me completely by surprise. I jumped in to this 10 book series somewhat grudgingly because this isn't the greatest time in my life to be starting a long series. But I have been richly rewarded for my sacrifice.

I'd like to say a little something about the genre here- yes it's unquestionably fantasy, but it also introduces steam-punk, which I had heard of before and knew roughly what it was but didn't feel interested in. Without even needing to read the rest of the series, I can say that this is a fabulous introduction to the steam-punk genre. It has turned out to be so imaginative. Stewart writes in such an easy way, it feels only natural that I should love this special niche of fantasy.

When I checked 9 books out from the library at once, I worried that I wouldn't be able to finish them all before I had to return them. I'm not worried any more. They'll all get read in time, I guarantee it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Deepwoods.

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Wow! These sound great! I am sure my steampunk'd hubby will love them!