Quinn's Reviews > Evil at Heart

Dec 29, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: 2010-books, mystery-thriller
Read in December, 2010

I will start by saying this was not a bad book, in fact if you like gore and brutallity it is right up there with the goriest books written. Chelsea Cain is one wicked sister with a warped, bubbled and blistered mind.

I gave this book two stars because there are so many flaws in the story but two really stand out and really irritate the crap out of me. The first being, you have one of the most prolific serial killers known to human history and somehow she escapes from prison? Stupid! The second being, Archie once again has several opportunities to kill Gretchen and once again he takes a pass. Even more stupid! I appreciate Chelsea Cain's writing ability but it is time to put that "Bitch" to rest. Cain has written another book (The Night Season) about Gretchen and Archie, God help us. I hope she decides to put this series to bed and write something new and original because like my review of her second book this story is becoming repetitive. I feel that Chelsea Cain has more to offer, but she, like Archie must break from Gretchens spell. Apparently, that is a hard thing to do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evil at Heart.