Karina's Reviews > James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper

James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper by G. Norman Lippert

Dec 29, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: magic, alternate-universe, fantasy
Recommended for: harry potter fans who are not nit picky about details

I have to admit, the first book was so much better than this one.

James Potter goes off once more Hogwarts, exactly during the time which the epilouge in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling.

In Lippert's story, he incorporates many of the basic idea and concepts of the epilogue into the beginning of his story, and the best part is that it makes sense!

Yes, it is a fan-fiction and for those of you who don't know, a fan fiction is basically a writing done by a fan using the characters/plots/ideas of the original author. Of course, all fanfiction should be credited if characters from the original books are being used.

As said in the review of the first book, Lippert has managed to recreat the wizarding world for us, continuing on with the stories and adventures that happen in Hogwarts. He frequently revisits many of the books and the characters we love will adding in his own spins and turns to the story and new characters.

In this book, Zane has unfortunately returned to the States, but it is not the last we hear of him! New characters are introduced and you learn to love them just as well. With the characters of the last book, you learn new things that make you bond with them more and either love/hate them.

Some mysteries begin to arise and once more James is set a task worthy of a Potter. With unexpected events happening all around him, James needs his friends more than ever to keep him on his path, and not the one his father led.

The book actually deserves 3.5 stars, but goodreads does not award .5. It may also not be one of my best reviews, because after all it is three in the morning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper.