Jen's Reviews > Red-Headed Stepchild

Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells

Dec 28, 2010

bookshelves: x-read-in-2011, my-favorites

I really liked this book - it had a lot of action in it.

Sabina is an assassin who is trying to gain the much deserved respect from her granmother (the head of the Domaine) only problem is - Sabina is half vampire and half mange - meaning her grandmother is highly dissapointed in just about everything Sabina does - just because she was born.

It's kind of sad that way. But She is tested towards her loyalty - even if it means killing her friend :(

She is sent away by her Grandmother to dis-connect herself from the Domaine - to try to convince everyone that she is on her own.
When She is approached by Franco (Frank) and brought to Clovis - The good smartian half vampire, half demon whom is trying to save the world by bringing Vampires, Mange, Fae , Mortals etc together to live in peaceful harmony.

But there is only on mission that Sabina is on - and that's to please her grandmother.

Enter Sexy Hexy - Adam - *sigh* Adam is a Mange whom was sent by the High councel to keep an eye on Sabina.
She gets really annoyed with him popping up all over the place following her - but after awhile - They start to become friends

Since Sabina is an assassin - she is use to working on her own without anyone else to care for - so having friends on her side - someone to watch her back - that's new to her. And she's not sure how to handle it.

The final battle happens and Now Sabina is looking at her life in a brand new light -

I really enjoyed this book - it was a lot of fun to read - My favorite charactor has to be Giguhl - The Demon whom was summons by Adam to kill her. Since she grew up as a Vampire - she couldn't send him back to where he belongs, only the one who summons him can - so she is stuck with a demon for a while - he watches TV 24 hours a day and uses her credit card to order things.
When she leaves for SanFrancisco to meet with Clovis - Giguhl comes with her in the form of a cat. They have regular conversatations and become good friends :) I want a demon :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red-Headed Stepchild.

December 28, 2010 – Shelved
January 21, 2011 – Started Reading
January 21, 2011 –
page 56
17.23% "I want a pet demon to crash at my house! He can max out my credit cards too :)"
January 21, 2011 – Finished Reading
January 22, 2011 – Shelved as: x-read-in-2011
March 20, 2011 – Shelved as: my-favorites

If it ain't good I don't read it ! Okey u all can't ovesliy read ???
This book is not only stupid it's also dumb the author can't write for shit did u all not see the story line it was AWSAME the book was great I loved it :)
Looool haaha I like doing a twist to my comments lol but anyways this book is still great I love that she can fight and can kick anyone's ass any day couse i dont like the chicks that just sit around waiting for fuckin prince charming to save there weak asses like come on are u serious bitch get up and fight !!! . Thnk god she wasnt that kind of character cause if she was I'd be ripping my eye sockets out right now that and she had a twiin sister I got to say I didn't in a million years see that coming I thought here dad was a very powerful Mage or something but a twin ??? !!! Yup total awsamness.
Also I am sorta sad that her romeeee died i was starting to like her .... Who I'm I kidding I loved her she was hilarious but the person I fell in love with from the beginning is the deman repufhul I think was he's name ?? I dont remember but I love that deman he is so freaken funny I died from the moment he said sorry after he shot her that was priceless and when he sat around on her couch ordering stuff off t.v killer i swear he was freakin funny anyway what I'm trying to say is I lovvvve thisss book but I can't seem to find any books like this so (drum rolls plz ) if u happen to now any book LIKE ThIS (key words) let me know and not books where the chick sits around for some shitty ass princes to swip her off her feet couse i swear if i read any more of those book Imma sue I seriously don't get why people read those kind of books like whats the point she can't fight for shit , no action in the book , same story line over and over again ( bitch gets herself into trouble prince charming over here who is by the way fuckin 300 400 years older then her Save her sorry mother fuckin ass and they live happily ever after like dude chill pedo alert age difference what the fuck where u thinking surly 400 year of living would have given u common sense ?? Oh but who could blame him cause that's not all bitch over her nows the age difference but is MADLY in love ( u hoe ) and I thought the dude had issues nope oh wait that's not all then they fuck them selfs sense less then they come to the conclusion they need to get married blah bah then they live happily for a while after then some shit a excuse of a villain pops up and the dude fights him but miss hoe over her want to help .... gets caught by villain ( climax of the story ) prince charming saves her the fucken stupid ending . So if u read books like that save your selfs time couse This is exactly what the fuck happens in shitty books like this !! you only live once that you must now so go find something worth reading couse books like that are just stupid.

Okey u probably get the point so yeah ....

Oh and if u know any books that the main character is not a detactive beacouse that shit just piss me of those detactive walking around waving fuckin badges in ur face like what the fuck get that shitt outta me face bitch detactive my ass like u serious ??? Imma bout to serve ur head on a platter ! Mather fucker lets see u wave that shit it my face again I'm gonna call your boss and tell him you took a PERMANENT vacation to plattervania v
Lol plz feel free to rate\ add as a friend like who wouldnt lol ) oh and plz sent me a meggage if u have a book that has anything I just described in it thnx pce