Jen's Reviews > The Sky Is Everywhere

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Dec 28, 2010

bookshelves: x-read-in-2011

WOW! I guess I really didn't have any ideas what this book was about when I got it from the library :)
I had seen a couple of people from GoodReads that had read it and gave it 4 or 5 stars - I didn't even read what it was about.

Seriously - I have not cried this much over a book since I read "I heart you, you haunt me " or "chasing brooklyn" probably a year ago or so -

I have never lost someone that close to me - not a sister, boyfriend , or even a really good friend - so I really can't relate how this book feels to the person in it - but just feeling what they are feeling - just breaks my heart in 2 - I think that's why I try to stay clear of these types of books :) I do love it though - just gets me in a little depressed rut that I have to hurry and get out of :)

Let's see - In this book Lennie lost her sister - she finds herself greiving - and it's hard. Her mother left when she was 1 year old and her Gramother and Uncle raised her and her sister.

Lennie meets up with Toby - Her sister's boyfriend - and their greif is so raw it's hard to hate him , but hard to love him too.

Then comes in Joe ... "Quel dork" lol this guy is hot - and he is determined to break through Lennie's shell and get to know her.

Like I said - this book is pretty pationate - I really liked the way it was written out. The thought of her writing down her feelings and tossing them away. I've done this before and it helps so much.

I don't recommend reading this book with little kids around though :) luckly my older daughter is home "sick" today and has been keeping my others occupied while I finished this book. The reading goes quickly - I couldn't find any good stopping points to take breaks.

But it is ranked up there with the top of the list books :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sky Is Everywhere.

December 28, 2010 – Shelved
January 30, 2011 – Started Reading
January 30, 2011 –
page 75
26.04% "This is a really SAD book! If it wasn't for her "newfound body buzz" that has me laughing - I'd probably put this on hold. Guess I'll keep it up in case she gets out of depression soon :)"
January 31, 2011 – Shelved as: x-read-in-2011