Lindsay's Reviews > Vengeance of the Demon

Vengeance of the Demon by Diana Rowland

liked it

I'm beginning to lose patience with this series. Diana Rowland is an excellent writer and where this story has gone is amazing, and Kara Gillian is a fascinating character.

But.

We're on book 7 now.

And the pace of the revelation of what's really going on is glacial.

A case in point that I can get away with talking about because it's on the covers: Kara's tattoos that were inflicted upon her in a horrible ritual several books ago. We still don't know what they're for. We don't know what they're for now after they were changed in the previous book.

These aren't small books. There could be a lot less domestic drudgery, working out who is brewing the coffee in the morning, or getting the pet updates, let alone the endlessly reactive action scenes. Oh, the summoners have been seen in the town. Oh, let's go fight them. Completely without plan, preparation or any discussion of how far they're willing to go to defeat them ...

I'm frustrated. I think Rowland has one more book before the story either picks up some pace or I'm done. Which is a huge shame for a series I've loved.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vengeance of the Demon.

August 20, 2015 – Started Reading
August 20, 2015 – Shelved
August 21, 2015 –
page 129
31.85% "Good thing I have a good memory for books - this one just throws you back into the deep end."
August 22, 2015 – Finished Reading