Bambi Unbridled's Reviews > Beauty and the Werewolf

Beauty and the Werewolf by Kristin Miller

The second installment of the San Francisco Wolf Pack series doesn't really focus on the San Fran pack at all. So no worries if you haven't read the first book.

I lurved the hero of this book, Jack MacGrath. Although he lives in San Fran, he doesn't interact with the pack and is a loner for all intents and purposes. A very rich loner... and a selfless one to boot. Jack is 320 years old, which is almost unheard of for an unmated wolf. Unfortunately, Jack is living on borrowed time and the only thing that will save him and extend his life by 700 years is to find his fated mate - his Luminary. He has looked high and low for his luminary and it doesn't look like he will ever find her. That all changes with a chance meeting at an art auction.

The other protagonist in the story (I refuse to call her a heroine) is Isabelle Connelly, heir to the Irish Wolf Pack. As much as I liked Jack, I disliked Isabelle an equal amount. While I enjoyed the descriptions of her paintings and her slips into her Irish sayings/dialect, there weren't many other redeeming qualities to win her over in my eyes. I hate hate hated the way she treated Jack, and she didn't carry the qualities I would expect of a pack alpha. Of course some of this could have been my catty bitchface rearing its head because I wanted Jack for myself... but I don't think I can attribute it ALL to that (just 99% maybe).

So I liked Beauty and the Werewolf much better than The Werewolf Wears Prada. The characters seemed more dimensional and I did feel a strong connection to Jack and his plight. I will definitely keep reading to see the dynamics of future fated mate pairs.

I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. 3.5 stars / 3 flames.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty and the Werewolf.

July 18, 2015 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
July 18, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
July 18, 2015 – Shelved as: arc-netgalley (Kindle Edition)
July 18, 2015 – Shelved as: fantasy-paranormal (Kindle Edition)
July 18, 2015 – Shelved as: lions-tigers-werewo... (Kindle Edition)
August 20, 2015 – Started Reading
August 20, 2015 – Shelved
August 20, 2015 – Shelved as: million-page-challenge
August 20, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
August 20, 2015 –
67.0% "Stupid stupid stupid. I just want to shake her until her teeth rattle!"
August 20, 2015 – Shelved as: review-pending