Jeff Messick's Reviews > The Kingdom Thief

The Kingdom Thief by Alisse Lee Goldenberg

The Kingdom Thief is a highly imaginative thrill ride. The twists and turns in this book are numerous and very well placed. There truly is no resting as something else is always just about to happen.

The main plot dovetails easily with the first book, dealing with a magic coin. The issues derived from the use of that coin are well thought out and consistent, with most major characters concerned about misusing the coin again in the future.

The author has a very good grasp of the heroine's inner feelings and is very good at painting Sitnalta's growing feelings for Prince Navor. Its done with style and grace, but with more than enough moral character that the parents of younger readers will not be upset at the ideas of love presented in the work.

The only downside for me was a technical issue dealing with the author showing us the inner feelings of different characters within the same scene.

Overall, a better book than the first in my view and I'm eager to see where the leaping off point will be for the third installment.

Well done Alisse!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kingdom Thief.

August 20, 2015 – Started Reading