liz's Reviews > Stone of Tears

Dec 28, 2010

it was ok
Read in March, 2010

And I repeat:

I liked the idea of the story. The idea behind the plot is good, but it is lost in the telling and it just dragged on and on and on and on and on and on... you get the picture.

After five chapters of this I finally gave up and found the novel in MP3 so I could listen to it and just get it over with. I listened to the book while at work, and while listening to it I only had to devote half a brain to it. I got the important parts and anything I didn't find important I could just zone out for a while and it made no difference to the story.

And there was so much raping and murdering of men, women and children. I did not approve of this. I understand that the author was using this to show the evil of the villains, but there is a line that must be drawn on how much a person has to read. It makes me think that the author himself is some kind of masochist who enjoys hurting others in his little S&M Dungeon. Yikes! I mean really… a man who looks like him in his photo is a little creepy.

I want to read good literature. I want to learn something and be uplifted. I want to feel for the characters in the books. This book left me wanting for all of these things, the only thing I got out of it was disgust.

I don't know that I ever would have finished this if I had had to READ the whole thing. Listening to it really is the only way I was able to finish it.

I will never recommend this book to another human being. I cannot support the author or his books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stone of Tears.