Jacinda's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Dec 28, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from December 28 to 30, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I’m a little stunned by all the stuff that was in this final book. It’s a long one and adds a bit more stuff into the Vampire Academy story as a whole. I’ve read all six books in a about two weeks and I am ecstatic that I’ve read them. I wish I would have read them sooner, but at the same time I’m not sure if I would have had the patience to wait for another book to be released.

A big, well maybe a HUGE, deal through all the books is: Dimitri or Adrian

I was kind of pulling for Adrian even though in the back of my mind I was 99.9% sure Rose was going to end up with Dimitri. I don’t even have a good reason for picking Adrian, maybe it was just because I liked him better for myself and I didn’t actually think of how good of a match he was for Rose. I kind of thought Dimitri was too much like Rose for them to be compatible. But I guess in everyday life(and in books for that matter) either opposites attract or like-minded people attract and you just have to pick who you love more.

The scene at the end of the of book with Adrian confronting Rose about her cheating and her choosing Dimitri…THE BEST PART OF THE WHOLE SERIES, in my opinion, at least an emotional stand point. I didn’t cry at all during this book until I felt how tore up Adrian was. The stuff he said to her was so very true and the way Richelle Mead wrote it brought tears to my eyes. I just felt horrible for him and I still do and probably will for awhile.

Oh yeah, and Rose can be completely and utterly crazy sometimes. I don’t know why she does the things she does. I think sometimes she needs to just stop and re-think about whether or not she should do certain things because she just puts herself and innocent people in danger all the time, but I guess a story wouldn’t need to be written if she didn’t do the things she did, right?

I have heard of a spin-off series, I have no clue what it’s going to be about, I wanted to wait and see how this series ended first. I will be reading it though and adding it to my ever growing list of books to read. I love Richelle Mead’s writing and she’s a great storyteller.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

12/28/2010 page 40
7.0% "I'm afraid as to how this is going to end..."
show 1 hidden update…