is mee... kissa's Reviews > Bloodrose

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Dec 28, 2010

it was ok

no.. just... no. un. fair.
there was one part in this book that pretty much destroyed all meaning of this story to me (view spoiler), but apart from that, i was pretty much bored throughout this book (notice how long it took me to read it. i think that is a record for me right there). i realised that i was only really paying attention to scenes with Ren in it, and there were a lot less than i thought there would be, so that's a down side. aside from that though, Cremer is a pretty good writer, and i did start paying more attention towards the end.
(view spoiler)

oh, right, and that was a shit ass ending! just completely, utterly and totally crap! not a happy camper with this! and i had such high hopes for it too! i mean, after reading that first chapter after i finished the second book, all i wanted was to get my hands on this book. i was so, so, so excited for it! i finally get the book, i read the first chapter, get really happy again, but then from there.... it's basically dead for me. a few scenes got me started up again, one in particular actually (view spoiler), but other than that... blah!

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!!
- i just felt that i had to conclude with his name.

***

this is gonna be all about what's-his-face. ah! stop forgetting his name! Shay! that's the one. well stuff him! I want Ren! but.. i think everyone knows how this is going to end: Calla and Shay. Warmed up to Shay in Wolfsbane. A lot more. He doesn't bug me so much anymore. But still, Ren... Shay... Ren... Shay... Ren...
pfft, Ren!

heya peoples first chapter here:

awwwwww... Ren is such a stud. and a sweetie. and adorable. and dangerous. and an alpha. and hawt! Go Ren you hot young thing! If Calla doesn't want you, I'll take you! I'll take a sexy young thing like Ren any day. God, I feel like a perv. and sheesh! did i just use 'God' and 'perv' in one sentence?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodrose.

Quotes is mee... kissa Liked

Andrea Cremer
“Our kisses were so full of need, so long, so fierce that I could hardly gasp for breath.
(Calla and Ren)”
Andrea Cremer, Bloodrose

Andrea Cremer
“Oh gods! My eyes!" Connor covered his face. "My innocence!"
"Shut up, Connor," I said, both relieved and disappointed by the interruption.”
Andrea Cremer, Bloodrose

December 28, 2010 – Shelved
January 6, 2012 – Started Reading
January 6, 2012 –
0.0% "i've already read the first chapter, but i have got to read it again, just because i love it so much."
January 7, 2012 –
46.0% "i find myself unsatisfied. i was hoping for lots of Ren, but i'm not getting much. i guess i know now why i was giving this series 4 stars: Ren. The way this is going (practically Ren-less), i'm gonna give it 2 or 3 stars."
page 339
83.5% "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. has the part i've dreaded finally come?"
page 342
84.24% "nooooooooo! my baby, nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
page 354
87.19% "this book... no longer has meaning for me. ='("
page 376
92.61% "right... anyone into bestiality then?"
January 23, 2012 – Finished Reading

is mee... kissa it was fantasome! (fantastic + awesome)

Carrie Kaut awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i didnt even get to read the new one yet!!!!!!!!!!

Jenna fantabulous+ all the pretty words out there! haha.

is mee... kissa Carrie wrote: "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i didnt even get to read the new one yet!!!!!!!!!!"
wah-whow.
=D there, there. it's good. doubt you'd be disappointed.

Jenna Christy wrote: "fantabulous"
ahhaha! but you've heard of fantabolous before yes? when else have you heard fantasome? it's a word i made up myself with my awesome making-up-words skills. =P

Jenna this is the first time I’ve heard of fantasome..i wondered about that one, and that’s why! you are a great at neologism (creating new words)..nice nice talent, :)

is mee... kissa hey! i know that word! neologism! since i do it a lot, i say that i neologise a lot of words and people just look at me like wah... =P so i stopped using it. are you a fellow neologist?

Jenna haha, that’s a good talent actually.!..me? no I’m not a neologist..not all the time,lol.

Carrie Kaut What's a neologist...I don't feel like reading everything cuz my phone takes forever to load P.s. Just wanted to tell u I've been tweetin for about n hour with andrea cremer how ever u spell it n told her we think shay needs to be gay... I have the tweets..archangel7547..that's my name if u don't believe me lol oooo and I've talked to becca fitzpatrick too on my old log in cuz I don't remember that password lol so made a new one

is mee... kissa your phone takes forever to load hmm? well maybe that's because you sent the same message three times! =P

a neologist is someone who makes up new words.

you're joking! you have got to be joking! hahaa! what possessed you to say that to her?! are you joking?! how did she react?

Carrie Kaut Nope not joking she said she will keep it in mind...lol idc just as long as she gets calla with ren..and omg I actually like twitter BECAUSE I've talked to 2 authors!..lol go to twitter n look up the name I said n u can see the whole thing

is mee... kissa i can't believe you can just talk to authors like that. that's so cool! are you sure it was her and not some person pretending to be her?

Jenna hahaha, that is so funny! i will follow you on twitter and check out your tweet! lol.

Jenna omygosh! I can’t believe you had a convo with andrea on twitter! (i just read ur tweet conversation). it was so funny. i’ll keep in mind that she said “Iol, i’ll keep that on mind” regarding the Shay is gay issue, and to have Calla end up with Ren. hahaha. :D

Carrie Kaut lololol omg u do follow me!!! i was like who is this person?? i dont know anyone who follows me!!! yay i got a follower! kissa if its someone famous or with a status they can verify who they are so your not following weird people

is mee... kissa ah, i see. too bad i don't have twitter. i'm gonna try see it even though i don't have it.
hey cool! aww, but i can only see what she typed to you. oh well.

Jenna Hahaha. Hey,u have lots of followers! And kissa u should make ur own twitter acct! :)

Carrie Kaut lol i made it just to see what the hype was about and then when my authors started responding to me...i was like ok im in !!

is mee... kissa I dunno... I'm not much of a social person. I'd never use it, so there's not point in me getting an account. right?

Carrie Kaut lol im a social person...sometimes but i just go on there and follow people and when im at work ill go on and read whats up
i follow depressed darth vadar and jesus...who p.s. is funny as shit..and ummm OMG facts lol

Taylor I think they should make these books into movies!!

message 74: by is mee... kissa (last edited Sep 02, 2011 05:42PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

is mee... kissa they'd be good as movies actually. It's no love-focused like the Twilight Saga is, so it won't be cheesy. And there's heaps of action. I would so watch it!

Have you already read the book? Or did you just give it 5 stars for the heck of it?

message 75: by Taylor (last edited Oct 08, 2011 08:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Taylor I read all the books except Bloodrose because it hasn't come out yet, but it sounds so good. Have you read it yet?

Taylor I have read the series except for Bloodrose yet. Have you read it yet?

Carrie Kaut its not out till february unfortunately lol

is mee... kissa nup, haven't read it yet. but i'm excited for it! woohoo! Ren!!!

Carrie Kaut team gay shay!!!!!

is mee... kissa emphasis on the gay part!

Carrie Kaut team GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHAY...better??? lol

is mee... kissa yup. i think that clearly displays our feelings on the subject of Shay.

Carrie Kaut yes we want him to be happy! just with another man!

Winnie think about it, it Calla were to be with Ren, there will be no book... keep reading until the end, then we can spit fire! I have always liked Shay, but in the end, it wouldn't matter.

is mee... kissa eh, i already know what's happening at the end. and what happened to Ren =( my poor baby. 3 out of 5 of my GRs friends who have read this, rated it 2 or less (1 2 star rating and 2 1 star ratings) just because of what happened to Ren and (view spoiler). I think that the 4 stars i gave the last two books is gonna go down to a 2 or 3, cause i'm pretty sure that extra star i gave them was because of the Ren factor.

Carrie Kaut Oh! Am I one of the 1 star people?? And yea the ratings on her other books is gonna come down I rated high cause of ren too

is mee... kissa yes, you are =)

Carrie Kaut Why couldn't shay just meet a nice guy and realize he doesn't like girls? Noooo he had to hide his homosexuality and destroy lives *cough* Ren *cough* ah the bestest book boyfriend has been destroyed...idk if I can read anymore because of this my will to read has been destroyed

Winnie Carrie wrote: "Oh! Am I one of the 1 star people?? And yea the ratings on her other books is gonna come down I rated high cause of ren too"

Yep

Winnie I can't believe I ready 3 books on wolves! wolfie love!

Carrie Kaut O I've read a million on books with wolves but this is the only one I truly got invested in and it killed me

is mee... kissa i love my werewolf books. the whole Alpha and dominance thing really works for me =D

hey Carrie! remember how you were talking about The Walking Dead and I had no idea what you were talking about? well, i was checking out new TV shows coming in 2012 and I saw this:
'The Walking Dead has been event television in the United States for two seasons, and is only now making its way to our shores (...after half the country imported the DVD). The post-apocalyptic zombie drama stars Andrew Lincoln and will launch on new pay TV channel, FX.'
guess I'll try watching it to see what got you so interested. but, I have no idea what the FX channel is, so... =S

Carrie Kaut Lol that's the name of the channel FX they always have always sunny in philadelphia based off my city man!! The guy mac is from south philly really cool guy surprisingly but yea watch the walking dead its awesome...wait fx? Lol its on AMC here (american movie classics) but hey at least its finally made it to the aussie world

is mee... kissa yeah, but i still have no idea what FX is. well, it says it's new, so i dunno what's gonna be happening.

Carrie Kaut Oooo like there just introducing the channel FX?? Oh that's cool! Google it it should come up we have a ton of stuff on it I don't really watch tv but if I do its usually that channel

Winnie Carrie wrote: "O I've read a million on books with wolves but this is the only one I truly got invested in and it killed me"

I understand! I paid good money for the books, to read wolves fall in love and have cubs!!!! I don't care! do I look like i speak wolf?

Winnie is mee... kissa wrote: "i love my werewolf books. the whole Alpha and dominance thing really works for me =D

Me too! But they became Wolves! No more Shape changing, Just Dogs!

is mee... kissa Carrie wrote: "Oooo like there just introducing the channel FX?? Oh that's cool! Google it it should come up we have a ton of stuff on it I don't really watch tv but if I do its usually that channel"
yeah, i checked it out. it seems like a pretty random channel. got a few movies, some TV shows.

Carrie Kaut Yea it is random but they play good stuff

is mee... kissa just had to write one more comment to make it 100 on this thread. =) the 99 was annoying me.