Angie McLain-Fan Girl Book Blog's Reviews > Pucked Up

Pucked Up by Helena Hunting

11973963

5 MotherPucking Stars – Move over Alex Waters! Get ready to fall head over heels for The Yeti!

“I don’t want to be doomed to a life of bunnies and no substance. They’re not what I want. I want someone consistent. But caring the much about someone gives them a lot of power, and that makes me nervous. Power hurts people.”

The characters that made you laugh until tears ran down your leg in Pucked are all back in this brand new release from Helena Hunting! Pucked Up is the second book in the Pucked series, and this book is Miller “Buck” Buttersons’ and Sunny Water’s book. As we all know Buck “The Yeti” is Violet’s step brother and Sunny is Alex’s sister. It’s safe to say that if you loved Pucked as much as I did, that Pucked Up is going to be your next favorite book.

Buck is a hockey player, one that is known for his notorious antics with bunnies (puck bunnies are hockey player fangirls interested in scoring between the sheets with hockey players btw), but since the night he spent with Sunny, talking, there was no sexing at all, he hasn’t had a single inclination to hang with the bunnies. He likes this girl; she’s smart, sweet, not slutty and doesn’t fall over at the sight of him with her legs in the air. She is a challenge…

“So maybe part of it is the challenge. But when I see her, I’m pretty sure the tingly feeling in my dick matches that weird feeling in my chest.”

Sunny is used to hockey players, her brother is a famous one after all. Buck is nice, he’s sexy and she likes him more than she should. She will not be just another f*ck and chuck. She keeps Buck at arm’s length so to speak physically and is determined to take things slowly. She knows all too well of his reputation and she has no interest in being splashed all over social media as yet another bunny. Alex is none too happy with the fact that his baby sister is spending time with his teammate and soon to be brother in law. He’s making no attempts to hide it either. It’s going to cause problems, it’s a fact.

“I miss her mouth. I miss everything about her even though she’s right in front of me. Maybe this is what love is. If so I’m not sure I like it all that much. This feels like I’ve taken a puck to the balls, except it’s hurting from the inside out instead.”

While Buck makes all of his best efforts to see where this relationship can go with Sunny, hilariousness ensues. With every attempt to remain loyal to Sunny, something else happens, making him look like the manwhore that he used to be. I fell in love with Buck in this book; I got to see a whole new side to this beast of a man: a softer side, a sensitive side, an insecure side, a vulnerable side even. He is committed to making this work with Sunny no matter what. Sunny made me a little angry throughout the book though, she’s a strong woman, but for all that, she listens far too much to everyone else has to say, and allows them to push her around a bit. She’s falling in love with the yeti and still she allows them to plant seeds of doubt about his intentions multiple times throughout the book. That being said the total hilariousness that is littered throughout made me laugh till I cried. My stomach hurt I laugh so hard. Buck gets himself into some incredibly awkward situations, and seeing him trying to get himself out of them was priceless.

“Being the provider of the first big “O” gives me some power. It elevates my status. I’m the White Knight in the land of Orgasmia, wielding my magical sword of awesome.”

His interactions with Violet were PRICELESS! Epically funny overshares included. Exchanges about the Super Mc, the moops, sex and spider bites! Make it stop! It hurts to laugh that hard! There is also a lotion incident that left me laughing so hard I thought I might pee myself.
GOOD TIMES INDEED.

Pucked Up is every bit as funny as Pucked, it’s sexy, it’s sweet, and it’s fun. Having the honor of reading an advanced readers copy of Pucked Up, priceless. Helena Hunting writes romantic comedy like a boss. The writing is tight, smart and the story keeps you flipping the pages at a furious pace. I whipped through this one so quickly, I almost have regret. I loved it so much I think I may have read it too quickly; I should have wallowed a bit. Rest assured I will be re-reading it again. Being a Canadian I absolutely loved seeing all of the Canadianisms throughout. With the perfect amount of emotion, lots of sexy times, passion, and dramatic gut bustlingly funny events Pucked Up gives the fans just what they have been begging for. It gives us yet another chance to lose ourselves in a story that is lighter and funnier than most. This book is the perfect read for anyone in a reading slump, or suffering from a book hangover. If you have not yet discovered this amazing Canadian author, or her fabulous books, I’m not sure what you are waiting for. I went into Goodreads and added every single one of her books to my TBR. I became overly excited when I saw Pucked Over on the list, if she writes 15 more books in this series; I’ll be begging to read every single one. Talent, this lady has it, without a doubt.

“There are no refunds and no exchanges with love. It comes with flaws and imperfections. It’s raw, unfiltered, and sometimes it isn’t easy. But I’ve found the best things in life are the ones I’ve had to work hardest for. Especially Sunny.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pucked Up.

August 19, 2015 – Shelved