Angie McLain-Fan Girl Book Blog's Reviews > Pucked

Pucked by Helena Hunting

11973963
“Inside my room in the suite, I slide down the door, breathing hard. I hit the floor with a wince; my cooter has been in an epic battle – with a cock monster.”

5 Stars – A hilarious and sexy romance that is sure to leave you grinning from ear to ear and your stomach aching!

Pucked has been on my wish list for quite some time and now that I’ve finally had a chance to read it, I’m quite sure I will never look at beavers the same way again!!!!

Violet Hall is a junior accountant that is more than familiar with egotistical hockey players, her step brother Buck, is a hockey player after all and there is nothing that she loathes more than puck bunnies and hockey hookers. She has zero interest in dating hockey players after her one and only disastrous attempt last year. Alex Waters is Captain for The Hawks, he’s a rockstar on the ice and according to the media between the sheets as well *wink wink*. Violet is struck by Alex and his hotness the very first time she sets eyes on him, soon realizing he’s actually spent a lot of time running through her fantasies recently!

“It’s then I realize where I recognize him from: the milk advertisements. Sweet Lord, I’ve been jilling off to him”

I can honestly say that after I finished reading this book, I’ve never read anything quite like it. It’s sexy of course, super super sexy indeed, but it’s also funny, and I mean laugh till you cry and snort funny. I had stomach pains from laughing so hard. Violet has got to be one of the most quirky and engaging characters I’ve read in a long time. The words that come out of her mouth are HILARIOUS and her inner thoughts are even more hilarious! She has very little filter between her mouth and her brain, and it just gets funnier with every page!

“I love his penis. I want to give it a sponge bath and dress it up like a super hero.”

Alex is sweet and sexy; he’s thoughtful and totally enamored by Violet! I fell in love with him, from the very start. He’s impossible not to love and he’s Canadian! Can he be any more perfect? But the man that’s used to women falling all over themselves to get to him is having a hard time reconciling the fact that the one woman he wants the most seems to be either oblivious or resistant to his many charms and talents.

“I can’t wait to have my mouth on you again. I’m gonna eat you like I’m on death row and you’re my last goddamn meal.”

Alex and Violet’s story is jam packed full of sexy times, and humor. It is one of the funniest books I’ve ever read, truly. Helena Hunting’s writing is fantastic and her characters are completely unforgettable. If this book could be adapted to screen and made into a movie I’d be the first person in line to see it! I’m pretty sure people would be rolling in the aisles dying of laughter! I’ve ever read by this author but I will be checking out all of her others after reading Pucked. This story is so much fun to read, it’s hard to even put into words, but if you’re looking for an off the charts sexy read, with TONS of laughs, Pucked is your next read. It’s a perfect palate cleanser if you’re in a reading slump; it’s addictive from start to finish. Go get Pucked, you can thank me later *wink*

“Verdict: Beaverscaping is dangerous.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pucked.

August 19, 2015 – Started Reading
August 22, 2015 – Shelved as: omfg-need-now
August 22, 2015 – Shelved as: one-handed-read
August 22, 2015 – Shelved as: panty-melter
August 22, 2015 – Shelved as: to-be-re-read
January 2, 2016 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
January 2, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)