La La's Reviews > 750 Years in Paris

750 Years in Paris by Vincent Mahé

Aug 19, 2015

bookshelves: on-my-kindle, review-arcs-edelweiss, want-physical-shelf, blog-highlights

This book is spectacular! It follows a single building in Paris from 1300 to modern day. You see the building go through structural changes brought on by fires and rebuilding, changes in architectural "fashion" and upgrades, and bombing and repairing. It also shows historical happenings such as the Crusades, the French Revolution, WWI, and changes in commerce, clothing fashions, and modes of transportation. This would make a wonderful coffee table book. Also, it would be a great gift for a teen to get them talking about World History. At first I was thinking it would be a great book to read with Middle Grade age readers, and talk about history, but there is a page with a person who has been hanged, so that changed my mind a bit. I was approved for this book through Edelweiss in return for an honest review. I will be doing a special blog post about graphic novels I have loved, and will add the link when it is posted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 750 Years in Paris.

August 19, 2015 – Shelved