Julie's Reviews > The Last Ereph and Other Stories

The Last Ereph and Other Stories by J.D. Byrne

F 50x66

bookshelves: general-fiction

This is a great collection of short stories in the sci-fi/fantasy genre. Though this book falls outside of the genres with which I am most familiar, I found the writing style accessible and the stories quite interesting. The author created some complex, vivid, and dramatic worlds, as well as telling stories about worlds that seemed like ours, but with a definite futuristic twist.

I found some of the tales very thought-provoking - like "Fine Print" which was quite exceptional. Some had eerie qualities - like "The Missing Legion" which felt like a cross between fantasy and ghost story. There was also some humor, some emotionally gut-wrenching plots, and some with interesting interactions between characters.

The final story in the collection, "The Last Ereph", was probably my favorite. I could see sitting down to read more about those characters and that world in a full-length novel. It was fascinating to me how well-developed these characters and this world could become in so few pages. It left me wanting more in a good way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Ereph and Other Stories.

August 18, 2015 – Shelved