Lisa Weber's Reviews > Temperatures Rising

Temperatures Rising by Sandra Brown

Dec 27, 2010

it was ok

Difficult to believe, stilted in style. I kept focusing on how ridiculous the whole thing was, removing much of the enjoyment I might get from it. The characters are inconsistent: the female lead steals what seems like hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of construction materials with nothing more than a shoulder shrug, justifies it by saying she needed it, and is accused of telling white lies. The male lead wants to kill her, then kiss her, then kill her, then help her people. Completely unbelievable. A side character carries a grudge and seems to be in love with the female lead, then drops his anger and his jealousy without cause or further mention. And the end was exactly what you might expect after listening for the first 10 minutes. Either I'm not getting the "good" Sandra Brown books, or there are none.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temperatures Rising.

message 1: by Aarann (new)

Aarann They can be hard to find, but they are out there. She's very hit and miss for me. It might not be your taste, but you might check out "Adam's Fall" if you want to give her another shot. It's a personal favorite of mine, although it does have its fair share of cliches, so I'd understand if you don't - especially after reading this one.

Melissa White Hot which is a suspense more than romance, but has both is excellent. It was my first Sandra Brown book and I loved it! The next two, Temperatures Rising and A Whole New Light left me confused by bipolar characters and unrealistic situations. If it wasn't for White Hot I would give up on SB. I'm just going to aim for her newer stuff that isn't just strictly romance.