Angie's Reviews > Old Bear and His Cub

Dec 27, 2010

bookshelves: picture
Read in December, 2010

Oh. I loved this one.

That is really all I have to say. Could analyze the precious illustrations or talk about how cute it is that they take care of each other.

But I'm just going to say that I loved it and might have to add it to my personal collection just so I can look at it whenever I want.

PS It is a very simple story. Not a whole lot of action. But I didn't care and I don't think many kids will either. They like to know that parents and grandparents will always be around.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Old Bear and His Cub.

message 1: by DixieJo (new)

DixieJo I put this in my Amazaon wish list last month - thought it would maybe be a good Fathers-day book. So happy you not only like it, but five stars like it. Do you think it is a good Fathers Day book for my kiddos to give to Dad?

Angie Hmmm. I would say yes right away 'cause it was so adorable. But you might want to take a look at it first only because the Old Bear in the story is old enough ... I mean, I don't know your husband at all but he doesn't seem old enough to be like the Old Bear in the story. Really it reminded me more of my Dad and my nieces and nephews--but don't tell him I was calling him an Old Bear! :]

DixieJo wrote: "I put this in my Amazaon wish list last month - thought it would maybe be a good Fathers-day book. So happy you not only like it, but five stars like it. Do you think it is a good Fathers Day boo..."

message 3: by DixieJo (new)

DixieJo maybe a Grandpa book then! My dad is really close to the boys too. Thanks, I will look at it at B&N sometime.

Angie Oh, it's even at Target right now (newly published means available in lots of places). You could check it out and then decide.