C.G. Drews's Reviews > The Haters

The Haters by Jesse Andrews

bookshelves: contemporary, read-2016, young-adult, ya-male-narrators

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haters.

August 17, 2015 – Shelved
August 17, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
April 8, 2016 – Started Reading
April 8, 2016 –
page 146
41.48% "This is 80% road trip tragedies. 1% actual music. And 958398309% crass humour that's making my eyes bleed."
April 9, 2016 –
page 269
76.42% "CAN I SCRUB MY BRAIN CLEAN AFTER READING THIS????"
April 9, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary
April 9, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
April 9, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
April 9, 2016 – Finished Reading
November 17, 2016 – Shelved as: ya-male-narrators

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ EXACTLY. I was SO disappointed in this book as well. I never laughed, and was so bored :/ Great review.

message 2: by Maddie (new) - added it

Maddie (The Girly Geek) Those kinds of jokes drive me up the wall. Me thinks I'll be steering clear of this one..

message 3: by La Coccinelle (new)

La Coccinelle Ew. I don't think this sounds like my kind of book, either.

message 4: by Lulufrances (new)

Lulufrances please do not burn your mind with soap...your reviews are the best and if your brain were dead, you couldn't review anymore, ughh! so sorry this was horrible haha, gonna stay clear

Peach omg you finished. but YES. it was so weird. (?) the humor was so disgusting. admittedly, I laughed once or twice, but it was cringy. it's really such a cringe-type read tbh. I was glad with the ending (I KNOW) only because they were like: "Bye Ash". Could not STAND her.

message 6: by Kate (new) - rated it 1 star

Kate I. Foley You've echoed my thoughts exactly! But hey, kudos to you for getting through the whole thing. I think about 30-50 pages in I was like "nope, not happening, d-o-n-e." It was right around the time when the guys were talking about how they had to do bodily harm to their own penises because something was just that awesome? What even???

message 7: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam Joy The humour doesn't sound like my kind of thing (for the most part -- I have days when I seem to have the brain of a twelve-year-old boy), so I'll probably steer clear of this one. Especially if it involves penises. They freak me out, no matter who they're attached to, and under whatever circumstances.

I'm actually intrigued by the music etc, though, because I want to know if I'd get the references. I have super weird music taste but it basically spans all genres? So despite not having very conventional taste I would like to know if I'd understand the refs. Heh. Probably still won't read it, even to find that out.

NicoleHasRead I've only just started reading, but I've already got the impression that I'm far too old for this book.