Gigi staub's Reviews > The Reaper's Kiss

4202515
Aug 17, 2015

bookshelves: arc-netgalley, arc-entangled

Drop-dead gorgeous…and fatal.

Ollie Dormier's tattoos are deadly. She is a Scrivener—an employee for Death—and her skull tattoos mark her clients for their demise. She does her job, and she stays out of trouble. But when her hands start to burn hot and fierce, and her control goes leaping out the window, all hell breaks loose. Ollie is showing the early signs of being a Master...demonstrating power that is forbidden.

That power is exactly what Reaper Brent Hume is counting on. A hot, scruffy rebel, who does marvelous and terrifying things to Ollie's insides. Now he needs Ollie's help—and her skills—to overthrow the evil and corrupt Head Reaper. That is, if he can figure out a way to keep this hot-handed girl cool...and keep his hands off.

Review:

Well crap, I was not ready for that to end. Such a fresh take on Death, Reapers and that whole world. I was hooked from the beginning. I don't think I have read anything quite like it before. Usually with first books it seems like most of it full of world building and they are a little slow, Not this one! The action and drama pretty much starts from the very first page. I enjoyed the action, the rebels on the run and the whole let's overthrow the bad guys, it was intriguing and kept me on the edge trying to figure out what is going to happen. There were lots of sad moments for me too, like when Eve dies and other people that are close to Ollie. I really hope there is some kind of resolve to Eve's soul, her being trapped in the necklace is driving me nuts...lol I liked Ollie. As the feisty, reluctant face of the rebellion, she is a strong female character. I thought her and Brent's chemistry was good, though at times it seemed to be thrown in just to move the story along. I thought the baddies Chad and Marin were very well-done and very bad. Will have to see what the next book brings since this does not have a resolution at the end of the story. It is the first book in a continuing storyline so be prepared.

I really enjoyed this new and unique story and cannot wait for the next one.

4Stars

*Received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review.*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reaper's Kiss.

August 17, 2015 – Shelved