Lindsay's Reviews > The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Dec 26, 2010

bookshelves: all-time-favorites, cover-lust, tear-jerkers, heart-pounding

Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa

What I love so dearly about this series is that each book gets better and better than the last. At least, in my opinion. Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series has been one of the most enjoyable set of books I have ever gotten my hands on. This debut author has so much raw potential that you just love and her books leave you speechless and aching for more...in this case, we're now all waiting anxiously for Iron Knight, in Ash's POV!

Meghan has grown up so much. I love the person she's become, a complete transformation from the girl in the Iron King. Most characters in series have some obnoxious quality about them as time goes on that puts me off but I only love Meghan more now. Except in the last chapter, which I can't say too much, but the tears were definitely coming down.

And from the very beginning of this journey, I have always been Team ASH! Yes, I do like Puck - even though he has done a lot to piss me off in the past - but Ash is just so lovable. You can tell there's a sweet guy under his icy exterior and you definitely see this side of him a lot. Just seeing him so caring of Meghan really breaks my heart in the end...and I still can't say why...grr. But once you all read this book, you'll understand my frustration, fellow Ash fans.

I'm glad that the Land of Faerie will no longer be destroyed because of Meghan's decisions. The outcome of the battle definitely took me by surprise, although somethings were predictable, at least for me. I am mad though that we all have to wait until NOVEMBER to get the next book, which seriously kills because I prefer reading series that are all done so I don't have to wait so long for their sequels. Hopefully though, I'll be able to preorder the final book and find out what happens. :)

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.

December 26, 2010 – Shelved