TJ's Reviews > The Rogue Knight

The Rogue Knight by Marcia Lynn McClure

Dec 26, 2010

bookshelves: historical-romance, kindle-archives

I figured out what my problem is concerning Marcia McClure. I made the mistake of reading her book, "A Crimson Frost" first. It will forever be the perfect fairy-tale romance for me and how does one compare perfection? Nothing since has quite matched it so... Well, the buck stops here.

She writes fairy-tales, plain and simple, wonderful, fantasy, fairy tales where the hero is near perfect and the heroine is to. Her stories revolve around circumstances they must rise above together. If that is what you're in the mood for, it just doesn't come better.

In "The Rogue Knight" our perfect heroine is trapped with a very wicked aunt as her guardian. Our hero finds himself beaten, bloodied and in need of rescue at her doorstep. In trying to repay her kindness, he finds himself rescuing her from her aunts evil clutches, only to find himself falling in love. Of course he is not what he seems and the road to happiness is not an easy one. This story is syrupy sweet but just what the doctor ordered if one likes sugar!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rogue Knight.

December 26, 2010 – Started Reading
December 26, 2010 – Shelved
December 26, 2010 – Shelved as: historical-romance
Finished Reading
January 8, 2011 – Shelved as: kindle-archives

Cortney I totally agree and understand your reasoning!!! I Love A Crimson Frost too!

Angie Cornelison I have to admit A Crimson Frost is my favorite too! Yet, I'd have to say The Highwayman of tanglewood is a close second.

message 3: by TJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

TJ I think I read "The Highwayman..." before I came to this realization. I remember liking it a lot but I only gave it three stars. Maybe I need to re-visit it!

Cortney I totally agree. My Favorites are - A Crimson Frost, then The Highwayman, and then the Whispered Kiss.

message 5: by TJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

TJ Cortney! It's so good to see you again!!

Alright, you two... have you read any of her recent offerings? Any really good ones lately?!?!?

Angie Cornelison Cortney, I haven't read the whispered kiss. I have it. Maybe I'll read it next.
Tammy, Have you read Kissing Cousins? I loved that one. I really liked The time of Aspen Falls. I've also heard The Tide of Mermaid Tears is good.

Cortney The Whispered Kiss was my fist MLM book and it got me hooked... I read Mermaid Tears and liked it but I can't remember much about it..If that tells you anything. Kissing Cousin's was good for a contemporary romance ...

Angie Cornelison Cortney, which contemporary romances have you read?

message 9: by Cortney (last edited Jul 21, 2011 07:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cortney No Cure for the Broken Hearted by Kenneth Rosenberg Take a Walk With Me by Marcia Lynn McClure By Heart and Compass by Danielle Thorne

These were all good reads!!

Cortney Tammy, I haven't been reading much lately... When I get home I am worn out and just feel like doing nothing!! I did re-listen to Twilight and now Eclipse while working... they are sooo good!

Angie Cornelison You guys are great! Thanks for the recomendations.They look good! I just started reading the whispered kiss....So good!!

message 12: by TJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

TJ Angie, I whole heartfelt second Cortney's contemporary suggestions. Each one of those books we have both read and pestered the other to read, they were so good!

Angie Cornelison Thanks! I can't wait to read them!:)