Margie's Reviews > The Detective's Assistant

The Detective's Assistant by Kate Hannigan

bookshelves: book-a-day, own-these-books

There are any number of reasons a book ends up on your to-be-read stack. In the case of one of my most recently read titles, a middle grade novel, it was first a reference made on social media about the illustrator creating the artwork for the dust jacket and interior images. This particular illustrator, John Hendrix, is respected for his signature depictions of history. His interpretations and details direct our attention to the most fascinating aspects.

When mystery, history, Chicago, and two spirited female characters are words used to describe the story, the intrigue heightened.

A copy, ordered in February, of The Detective's Assistant (Little, Brown And Company, April 7, 2015) written by Kate Hannigan arrived shortly after the release. Weeks went by with the cover and promise of a marvelous tale calling to me. I finally ordered another copy in audio format so every time I drove my car, I could follow the adventures of the characters. (At this point I have to admit, I did, more than once, sit in my driveway and garage unable to stop listening.)

My full recommendation: http://librariansquest.blogspot.com/2...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Detective's Assistant.

August 16, 2015 – Started Reading