Erin's Reviews > Master Your Metabolism: The 3 Diet Secrets to Naturally Balancing Your Hormones for a Hot and Healthy Body!

Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels

Dec 26, 2010

Read in December, 2010

I read this book from cover to cover and changed my diet completely. Before it, I was keeping myself at 1200 to 1400 calories a day and honestly I was losing about a 1/2 pound to a pound a week...but i was miserably hungry and had no energy and was pretty grumpy. If I went over my calories by having a glass on wine or dessert I would gain a couple pounds right away - it was not making sense! Once I read this book I learned about how certain foods, toxins, preservatives, etc...effect your hormone levels. My hormones that told my body I was full were lacking and the ones that were telling me i was hungry were running rampant! I decided to give it a shot - I started trying the recipes and eating the recomended foods and most importantly, didnt eat ANYTHING artificial. I dropped almost 4 lbs in 5 days and my calorie intake was between 1400 and 1800 calories so I finally felt satisfied. (and that has been through the Christmas Holidays!) I even have the energy to work out again!

I agree with some of the posts that there is alot of confusing science in this book and I was glad I have some anatomy/physiology education to help me understand some of it. But even if you don't get all the science of it, this book will help you understand the basics. Even if you just focus on what foods help you recognize when your full...foods that don't trigger the hormones that tell your brain to eat...and most importantly, not to eat artificial processed toxic foods (!!!) you will benefit from the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master Your Metabolism.

08/07/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Micheleigh (new)

Micheleigh Helpful review. Thanks!