C.G. Drews's Reviews > Titans

Titans by Victoria Scott

bookshelves: read-2016, sci-fi, young-adult, dystopian, ya-without-romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Titans.

August 16, 2015 – Shelved
August 16, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
June 7, 2016 – Started Reading
June 7, 2016 –
page 65
20.31% "This is absolutely RIPPING OFF The Scorpio Races. #rage"
June 7, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 8, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
June 8, 2016 – Shelved as: sci-fi
June 8, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
June 8, 2016 – Shelved as: dystopian
June 28, 2016 – Shelved as: ya-without-romance

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by rachel (new)

rachel This is the exact same problem I had with the author's other book - Fire & Flood, or something? It was 100% a rip-off of THG. Like scarily similar - everything from the vague plotline to the incorporation to little things were straight out copied and renamed. I'm not impressed she's done it again! I haven't read either of these books yet, but wow. Not good to hear...

message 2: by Firefly (new)

Firefly O.O You poor thing that must have been awful. *pats your head and gives you chocolate cake*

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie  Hanna I'm sorry it was so disappointing! (And yeah--there's nothing wrong with a husband who WANTS to provide for his family and a wife who WANTS to let him. That's perfectly okay. Let people do what they feel is best, and don't question their choices.)

message 4: by Tasya (new)

Tasya Dita Oh wow this book is just horrible! I mean, I get it you being a rabid Stiefvater fan wanting to find something similar, but what you got is a carbon copy of the book. It's really unoriginal and maddening because it's like the author just rips off the creativity of your favorite author and just doesn't seem to do enough effort. I hope your next read would be better!

Christina (Between Bookends) I didn't get far in this book when I tried reading it, but I will defend it in one way. I don't think it's trying to copy Scorpio Races (which is one of my all time fav books!). I read a ton of horse books as a tween and the truth is that they all copy each other. I can think of more than a dozen ways that Scorpio Races was like the Thoroughbred series, which is actually one of the reasons I love it. Despite being completely unique, Scorpio Races used a ton of classic tropes of the genre. I didn't like Titans enough to finish it, but I believe it is innocent of trying to copy Scorpio Races.

message 6: by TheBookAddict (new)

TheBookAddict Oh man, another rip off book from this author. I wasn't even aware this was another one of those before this review. Even though the premise sounded interesting, I won't be supporting rip off authors anytime soon. Great review, as always!

P.S: Man eating horses? Where as the Scorpio Races been my whole life. I want to read this pronto . o-o

message 7: by Bee (new)

Bee Oh god this is awful! O_O

*quietly removes book from TBR*

I'll just read The Scorpio Races then.

message 8: by Charley (new)

Charley Robson Scorpio Races it is, then. I have no idea why I'm so romance leery this week but the slightest trace of kissyfaces has sent me sprinting from the metaphorical room... which makes reading rather tricky. Thank you both!

message 9: by Monique (new) - added it

Monique V Scorpio races is one of my all time favorite books. After this review I think I might not like this book. ):

Jenny - Book Sojourner Thanks for the warning. I loved The Scorpio Races, so I'll skip this one.