Amanda's Reviews > Deathless & Divided

Deathless & Divided by Bethany-Kris

bookshelves: autism-hero, favourite-2015, assassin-mafia-hero
Recommended to Amanda by: Snow

5 'mafioso' stars

Thanks to Snow for recommending this awesome read to me. Damian Rossi is the closest mafia hero to Corrado Moretti that I've ever read. And you know how much I love Corrado. Lots! And Damian actually got one upper hand because this book has better sex scenes in it.

This book has
1. a low profile mafia hero
2. a reluctant principessa
3. arranged marriage
4. mafia politics
5. revenge plot

Damian Rossi is a made man of the Chicago Outfit. He is loyal, honorable, quiet, observant and deadly. He prefer to be in the shadow, keeping a low profile. He owned Dino DeLuca his life, so when he was asked to marry the Deluca's sister, he knew he will get the job done.

Lily DeLuca never plan to return to Chicago, a place she hates most. She wish she can detach herself from the Outfit forever. The last thing she wants is to have her brother force her to marry someone from the organization.

Deathless & Divided is a mafia romance that had a perfect balance for its romance and mafia plot. Often times these books with such theme are either heavily romance with little mafia biz or vise versa. But Bethany-Kris gave us the best of both worlds.

The romance is a strong one that had me rooting for them to embrace their nuptial. They are thrown together to deal with an arranged marriage for a political cause. Although they don't despise each other, Lily doesn't feel right about the whole situation. Damian being the endearing hero that he is, was able to turn the table around and make Lily fall for him.

Damian possess all the qualities of my favorite kind of hero. The silent, mature, responsible and protective type. He is a man of action and makes logical decisions and he knows how to handle a reluctant fiancee. And every time he called her sweatheart, I just swooned.

"I love my name in your mouth and wrapping my hands in your hair. I love fucking you because even when it's dirty, it's still beautiful too."

The mafia politic is a huge part of the story. There are multiple players in the Chicago Outfit formed by three different Italian families. This is the first time I read about an organization with such divide and estranged relationship. There are a few twist thrown in that keep me guessing about the meaning behind all these attacks. It seems like with how things are going, a war is imminent.

This book doesn't end in a cliffhanger per se, but left us with some unresolved problem within the Outfit. There is a minor crossover with the Marcellos' and make me want to check out that series as well. Damian and Lily's story is consider complete with the next installment featuring another made man, Adriano.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deathless & Divided.

August 16, 2015 – Started Reading
August 16, 2015 – Shelved
August 16, 2015 –
0.0% "Mafia and arranged marriage = my fav theme!"
August 16, 2015 – Shelved as: autism-hero
August 16, 2015 – Shelved as: favourite-2015
August 16, 2015 – Shelved as: assassin-mafia-hero
August 16, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» YAY! So happy you loved it, Amanda! Looking forward to your full review! :D xoxoxo

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡ LOVE Corrado HARD!! Can't wait for your review hun!!

S.M. West Yay!! So glad you loved this one. Look forward to your thoughts. xo

Amanda Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "YAY! So happy you loved it, Amanda! Looking forward to your full review! :D xoxoxo"

It was a very strong mafia theme book. Love it!

Amanda Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡ wrote: "LOVE Corrado HARD!! Can't wait for your review hun!!"

I can't find any other hero as close to Corrado as Damian Rossi. You should definitely check this out.

message 6: by Amanda (last edited Aug 19, 2015 01:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda Suzanne wrote: "Yay!! So glad you loved this one. Look forward to your thoughts. xo"

Thanks for u gals for pimping this book. Definitely make me wanna read the Marcellos!

Shanny Great review Amanda! You definitely have to check out the Filthy Marcellos series :)

message 8: by Snow (last edited Aug 19, 2015 01:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Snow Mandy, I am just glad you fuckin' LOVED it as much as i did (view spoiler)
Excellent review, love!

message 9: by Christy (new)

Christy Fabulous review, Amanda! <3

Amanda Shanny wrote: "Great review Amanda! You definitely have to check out the Filthy Marcellos series :)"

I 100% plan to!

Amanda Christy wrote: "Fabulous review, Amanda! <3"

Thanks, Christy.

message 12: by Amanda (last edited Aug 19, 2015 01:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amanda Snow wrote: "Mandy, I am just glad you fuckin' LOVED it as much as i did [spoilers removed]
Excellent review, love!

p.s. thanks for giving me the feature in the first line of your review! I am honored! :D"

I thank you for bringing this author to my attention. Now I had another author to go all stalkerish over. Lol.

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen Awesome, Amanda!

Amanda Jen wrote: "Awesome, Amanda!"

Thanks, Jen.

message 15: by Fran (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fran Awesome review, Amanda. :)

Amanda Fran wrote: "Awesome review, Amanda. :)"

Thank you, Fran.

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡ Awesome review girlie!! I added this book...can't wait to read it!!

Amanda Vilda wrote: "Ah, so many good-looking mafia books! Glad you loved it. I'm checking it out!"

This one has a very strong mafia theme. I think u will enjoy it too.

Amanda ☛ Kay wrote: "Fab review Amanda!"

Thanks, Kay.

Amanda Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡ wrote: "Awesome review girlie!! I added this book...can't wait to read it!!"

Thank you, Jamie. Looking forward to your thoughts later.

message 22: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Terrific review, Amanda! :))

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Wonderful Review Amanda (:

Amanda Jennifer wrote: "Wonderful Review Amanda (:"

Brandi wrote: "Terrific review, Amanda! :))"

Thanks, Brandi & Jennifer xoxo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» FANTASTIC review, Amanda!! I still haven't read a mafia story yet, but I'l admit I am curious about that aspect as well as the whole arranged marriage theme. That would be very interesting to read about! Can't wait to get to this! So happy you loved this! Hope the next installment is just as much of a winner for you!! :D xoxoxox

Amanda Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "FANTASTIC review, Amanda!! I still haven't read a mafia story yet, but I'l admit I am curious about that aspect as well as the whole arranged marriage theme. That would be very interesting to read ..."

I can't believe it. Maida, u have to get to know some mafioso, be it Italian, Russian or Irish.

message 27: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Dabney Sounds awesome! Great review! :D

Amanda Peggy wrote: "Sounds awesome! Great review! :D"

Thanks, Peggy.

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog FAB review Sweetie! :)
xoxoxo

Amanda Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Malcolm and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "FAB review Sweetie! :)
xoxoxo"

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» Amanda wrote: "Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "FANTASTIC review, Amanda!! I still haven't read a mafia story yet, but I'l admit I am curious about that aspect as well as the whole arranged marriage theme. That would be ..."

Hahah! I know right!!?? Sasha has (apparently) a list ready for me to dive into. bring on the mafioso! ;D

message 32: by S.M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S.M. West Fabulous review, Amanda! xo

Amanda Suzanne wrote: "Fabulous review, Amanda! xo"

Thanks, Suzanne.

message 34: by Loz (new) - added it

Loz excellent review, lovely. def adding this one!

Amanda Loz wrote: "excellent review, lovely. def adding this one!"

Thanks, Loz. Enjoy, lovely.

message 36: by ATran (new) - added it

ATran Corrado is my all time favorite ... I LOVE HIM! Now let's see the fuss over Damian...

Amanda ATran wrote: "Corrado is my all time favorite ... I LOVE HIM! Now let's see the fuss over Damian..."

I hope u enjoy Damian, Atran.

message 38: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Fab! review, Amanda.

Amanda Carissa wrote: "Fab! review, Amanda."

Thanks, Carissa.