Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > Alice

Alice by Christina Henry

bookshelves: own, fantasy-all, horror-etc

www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

What a darktastic ride through wonderland accept... this isn't the wonderland most may be used to... this place is called Old City and it's not somewhere you want to find yourself.

Years ago Alice went from her home in New City with a supposed friend into Old City out of stupidity if you ask me....only Alice came out... and dear Alice was never the same again.

Alice is put in a mental hospital in the Old City by her parents for the rest of her life. You see you can't have crazy in New City, you have to be perfect there. And poor Alice who kept screaming about a rabbit and had been attacked in a most horrible way was labeled crazy.

Alice has one friend in the asylum and his name is Hatcher. After so many long years in the asylum, one night there is a fire and they escape, but so does a creature that is out to destroy everything in his path.

This book is full of darkness. There isn't anything sweet or cutsie about it. People and things are slayed, raped, twisted, changed, sold, bought... you get the picture. BUT. Alice finds out she has power beyond her imagination and she is pretty bad to the bone and so is Hatcher.

I really liked all of the things Alice and Hatcher go through together. I love their characters. I love all of the things they do all in the name of vengeance. There is nothing like getting revenge on those that have hurt you and avenge other innocents that have been hurt. A brilliant, bloody-ride through Old City with a little spark of goodness at the end. So, I guess I lied, there is a little ray of sunshine ;)

photo book banner_zpsh916lrql.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice.

August 15, 2015 – Started Reading
page 30
August 16, 2015 –
page 160
August 16, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Great review, Melissa. Sounds like a not so ordinary, dark read.^^ Glad you enjoyed it.^^

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you AJ. You very sweet :-).

message 3: by Tabetha (new) - added it

Tabetha Great review...will add this!!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you Tabetha!! :-)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Yay! Glad you liked it, Melissa! Great review ;)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you Jessic :-) I was worried because of the one thing but it was presented in a way that want too graphic :-)

message 7: by Ivonne (new)

Ivonne Rovira Love your review, but it looks as if it's waaay too much for me.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Yeah, I don't think you would like this one Ivonne, it's really dark!