Carrie's Reviews > Blood Echo

Blood Echo by Melissa Simonson

it was ok
bookshelves: netgalley

Iris and Estella grew up together and were long time best friends. They both had their issues and drowned them in drugs and alcohol. Estella was a cutter and often took razor blades to her arms with Iris cleaning her up and taking care of her.

After Estella's death Iris blames herself and goes through therapy trying to come to terms with the loss of Estella. When Estella's father is murdered several weeks later Iris finds that someone is threatening her.

This story is very dark and disturbing. It wasn't really my taste at all as I was hoping for more of the mystery as to where the packages where coming from, who was threatening Iris etc. The first half though is mostly therapy, guilt, depression and flashbacks. Found myself getting bored waiting for more to happen.

Also, the whole idea of Iris being a vampire seems to be a complete afterthought tossed into the book. It seems it was added to give Iris the ability to heal things and keep her from dying easily. Not quite sure why it was needed as it seemed completely random with the rest of the subject matter.

A lot of interesting ideas that didn't seem to come together just right for my taste unfortunately. Found it lacking a lot in the mystery/supernatural element.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Echo.

August 15, 2015 – Shelved