Dora Okeyo's Reviews > TWISTED TIMES: Son of Man

TWISTED TIMES by Vincent de Paul

liked it

This is not your normal crime story, neither is it a case of murders nor a mystery, but it is a story of survival as told by Ken a.k.a Son of Man a.k.a Paul.

What starts as a young man's desire for a good education and better life away from his alcoholic step dad turns into a life of robbery, murder, and loss of the ideals that Ken held.
I liked reading about Ken's perspectives because in those chapters I could follow his journey in life while hoping he makes it to the end. There are a lot of characters in this book, and while reading there were times when I almost lost focus on Ken, but as I made it halfway into the book I found myself shutting them out and focusing on two groups of characters : the bosses in the crime ring Ken was in and the women in his life.

It is enjoyable once you numb down all the characters that prop up, and focus on Ken.

There is a play by play theme where some chapters are in first voice ( those are all about Ken, you see life through his eyes) and some in the third voice. This switch gives the story a complex look into the life of crime while giving the book an even pace.

I found myself drawn to Samson because of the lengths he goes to, to keep his identity and acts from the public eye. He is the ultimate villain because he does not hesitate to hunt down victims and kill them. At some point I could not help but wonder what would happen if Samson was the only antagonist in this book, it'd be the ultimate face off with Ken.

All in all, it's a good read, and I realized towards the end that you can actually get the story too by singling out Ken's take on things and Samson's.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read TWISTED TIMES.

August 15, 2015 – Started Reading
August 15, 2015 – Shelved
August 17, 2015 –
August 19, 2015 –
August 19, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Vincent de Paul I love this "I found myself drawn to Samson because of the lengths he goes to, to keep his identity and acts from the public eye. He is the ultimate villain because he does not hesitate to hunt down victims and kill them. At some point I could not help but wonder what would happen if Samson was the only antagonist in this book, it'd be the ultimate face off with Ken".

Samson will always be lurking in the shadows, a ghost that makes things happen, but if I may preempt a he would be defeated in volume three together with his G8 friends.

Thank you so much for reading and reviewing.

Dora Okeyo I'd love to read that to know what becomes of him, but like I said, it'd be the ultimate face off with Ken because Urbanas is just the middle man.