Sue's Reviews > Where the Memories Lie

Where the Memories Lie by Sibel Hodge

bookshelves: kindle, net-galley, suspense-thriller-mystery

I really enjoyed reading Best seller “Look Behind You” and “Trafficked: The Diary of a Sex Slave“. Then when I heard about British Author Sibel Hodge’s new mystery/thriller, “Where The Memories Lie” I knew I had to read it. Sibel Hodge is a very talented writer that writes from a mix of genres, including romance, mystery and thrillers and young adult.

“When the memories lie, sometimes it’s best to let the truth stay hidden.”

This is the story about a man who takes his secrets to his grave.

Nadia, Ethan and Chris had all lived in an old barn that Olivia’s father-in –law, Tom had renovated. Then when Tom got Alzheimer’s, Ethan, an architect married to Olivia, a part-time nurse and teenage daughter, Anna bought the house from him. When things became more difficult to handle, Tom was moved to a Nursing Home.

Olivia’s sister-in-law, Nadia, an accountant and office manager for the Tom’s business is married to Lucas, a pilot, and parents to a teenage daughter, Charlotte.

This story is told by Olivia…her thoughts…her discoveries…her decisions.

Twenty-five years ago Katie ran away from home, leaving a note and never came back. But now she’s suddenly reappeared in her best friend Olivia’s life. Olivia’s father-in-law, confesses that he murdered her all those years ago. Tom suffers from Alzheimers and his story is based on memory flashes and confusion. But he knows where the body is buried!

“It was an accident”

As Olivia and the police piece together the evidence, they are left with one critical question... Who would do such a thing? But more important, how could they believe someone suffering from Alzheimer’s to be telling the truth?

This was a fast-paced book that was a little slow at the beginning, but soon took off and held my interest till the end, with lots of twists and turns and revelations. I will definitely continue to read more by this author.

People can all make terrible mistakes, mistakes they must live with. And sacrifices are made to save the family.

“How far would you go to protect the ones you love.”

Many thanks to the author, publisher and Netgalley for the ARC. Much appreciated.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Memories Lie.

August 15, 2015 – Shelved
August 15, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
August 15, 2015 – Shelved as: kindle
August 15, 2015 – Shelved as: net-galley
August 15, 2015 – Shelved as: suspense-thriller-mystery
August 29, 2015 – Started Reading
August 30, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Mary and Melissa.

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* Thanks for the recommendation Sue - it sounds a goodie 8:D

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue No problem Sandy. Thanks for the like.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan May Sounds good Sue. Gah, I wish I was a speed reader. I'm stuck at the moment on this 850 page sci-fi book that is really slow going. You think the end of the world would be interesting, wouldn't you? lol. Thanks for the recommendation.

message 5: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks John.

message 6: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Magdalena.

message 7: by Brenda (new) - added it

Brenda Thank you for the recommendation, Sue. Looks interesting!

message 8: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Brenda.

message 9: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Lee.

message 10: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Susan wrote: "Sounds good Sue. Gah, I wish I was a speed reader. I'm stuck at the moment on this 850 page sci-fi book that is really slow going. You think the end of the world would be interesting, wouldn't you..."

Thanks Susan. For someone who is not into sci-fi, this book would be really long for me! Thanks for your like.

message 11: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Elaine.

message 12: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Kimberley.

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan May Sue wrote: "Susan wrote: "Sounds good Sue. Gah, I wish I was a speed reader. I'm stuck at the moment on this 850 page sci-fi book that is really slow going. You think the end of the world would be interesting..."

I love sci-fi. In fact, the book after the next book I'm writing is going to be sic-fi, but this is too filled with detail of science that isn't interesting. If it's well written sci-fi is great and the characters interesting, but this one is about the science and that makes it dull.

message 14: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Monnie.

message 15: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Susan wrote: "Sue wrote: "Susan wrote: "Sounds good Sue. Gah, I wish I was a speed reader. I'm stuck at the moment on this 850 page sci-fi book that is really slow going. You think the end of the world would be..."

I try to be more open with the genres I select from, and will have to give sci-fi another chance.

message 16: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Stephanie.

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan May Sue wrote: "Susan wrote: "Sue wrote: "Susan wrote: "Sounds good Sue. Gah, I wish I was a speed reader. I'm stuck at the moment on this 850 page sci-fi book that is really slow going. You think the end of the ..."

You know what, you could try The Martian. I loved that book and the film is out in October with Matt Damon. Very immersive story and quite thrilling. I felt as though I was on Mars with him.

message 18: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Susan wrote: "Sue wrote: "Susan wrote: "Sue wrote: "Susan wrote: "Sounds good Sue. Gah, I wish I was a speed reader. I'm stuck at the moment on this 850 page sci-fi book that is really slow going. You think the..."

Yes, Susan that is a book that has been recommended to me, by quite a few members in the group.

message 19: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Brenda.

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine Sue, this a fine review of what looks like a very good book. Thank you for the recommendation. I hope I win one of the giveaway copies!!

message 21: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue Thanks Sue. Great review

message 22: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Amy.

message 23: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Sue wrote: "Thanks Sue. Great review"

Thanks Sue.

Sue Thanks Amanda.

message 27: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Jan.

message 28: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Christine wrote: "Sue, this a fine review of what looks like a very good book. Thank you for the recommendation. I hope I win one of the giveaway copies!!"

Thanks Christine.

message 29: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Mariana.

message 30: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Louise.

Yvonne (Fiction Books) Thanks for the recommendation - it's on my list now :)

message 32: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Yvonne.

message 33: by sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

sue What a splendid detailed heart felt review, you get better and better Sue, I need to take tips from you x

message 34: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Sue1958 wrote: "What a splendid detailed heart felt review, you get better and better Sue, I need to take tips from you x"

No way Sue, but thanks for your kind words. I envy how you put such a good review together...it just flows from the heart.

message 35: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

message 44: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Mandy.

message 45: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Suzanne.

message 46: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey Great review Sue!

message 47: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Chelsea wrote: "Great review Sue!"

Thanks Chelsea. Merry Christmas!

message 48: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Nice review, Sue :)

Merry Christmas to you and your family <3

message 49: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Thanks Deanna. Merry Christmas to you and your family. The turkey is in the oven.

message 50: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars