Aleen ~Lampshade Reader's Reviews > Releasing the Demons

Releasing the Demons by L.D. Rose

bookshelves: arcs, books-i-won, paranormal-romance, vampires

I received this as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Let me just say, WOW! What an action packed book that had me reeling from the start. It's a gritty, vampire packed, edge of your seat read.

It's a world where vampires are known to the public as a menace. It's not a genre that I often read, but if they are all like this, then I'm all for it.

This is a story about Blaze. He is a genetically modified hybrid vampire with the special ability of pyrokinesis. He is part of a group that hunts down vampires(also known as leeches). It's because of his abilities that has every leech vying for his blood, especially Chimola, one of coven leaders. Tortured, scarred, and left a broken man, Blaze's story is brutal and his hatred for Chimola and his cronies is great.

It's with the help of his brothers (who all have their special abilities) and Valerie, that Blaze releases his demons.

I loved the character of Valerie. She is a kick ass cop that enjoys hunting down vampires. Valerie also has her demons and a past that haunts her everyday. She eventually teams up with Blaze and his group and burns her way to her HEA.

The story switches POVs. It's a great way to get into the heads of all the characters. Especially, the antagonists of the story. It was fun to be in the head of Chimola and know what he and his cronies were up to.

As soon as I finished this book, I kept thinking about it. I did not want to leave their world. All the characters were interesting and endearing. I want to read more this author has to offer, especially if this is a series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Releasing the Demons.

Finished Reading
August 14, 2015 – Shelved
August 14, 2015 – Shelved as: arcs
August 14, 2015 – Shelved as: books-i-won
August 14, 2015 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
August 14, 2015 – Shelved as: vampires

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Monique Great review! I'm about halfway through the book, and I'm loving it!

Aleen ~Lampshade Reader Monique wrote: "Great review! I'm about halfway through the book, and I'm loving it!"

Thank you Monique! I'm eagerly waiting for book 2! :D