Kasey Cocoa's Reviews > The Shadow Revolution

The Shadow Revolution by Clay Griffith

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, urban, ya

While I generally prefer my novels full of character creation, fleshing and development I actually didn't find the lack of this nearly as bothersome as I thought I might. It's not to say there isn't any fleshing out or development, just that there isn't a whole lot of that going on in this particular book. But then again this feels like a YA urban fantasy/paranormal type read with enough maturity to appeal to older minded readers. There's just enough provided about the world they are in for the reader to know where and when. Griffith does a fine job with the action sequences making it easy to visualize everything in my head, which I appreciate since this isn't a heavy read. Overall this is a fun easy and enjoyable read when you are looking for some darker fantasy without the heavy load. I received an e-arc through Random House Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review. This in no way influenced my opinion which may or may not mirror your own - and that's ok!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow Revolution.

Started Reading