Leila Anani's Reviews > Torchwood: The Sin Eaters

Torchwood by Brian Minchin

F 50x66

bookshelves: aliens, aquatic-horror, audio-books, gay-sci-fi-and-fantasy, priests, sci-fi, tv-tie-in, parasites, insects, paranormal-investigators, favourite-audio-books, torchwood
Read 2 times. Last read August 13, 2015.

My second favourite Torchwood audio again featuring alien insects (Hmmmm I'm definitely spotting a pattern here!) An alien that feeds on negative emotions? comes through the rift and settles in a wreck under the sea. It sends out larvae to feed from the sins of people. A priest gets hold of some and starts a very unconventional flock. Gwen, Ianto, Jack and Rhys (working the case from a different angle when his mate disappears) investigate.

I love the idea of sin eaters in the first place and having them as alien insects just put a huge grin on my face. Also the horror level on this one with the freaky flock is great.

It's read by Gareth David-LLoyd (Ianto) and his Welsh accent gives the horror scenes extra creepiness somehow.

While I miss Owen very much, this story is one of the better ones without him. Fans of Ianto/Jack will be delighted as they are very much an item in this one and their interaction is fun.

Big thumbs up here, this is Torchwood at it's best, freaky and dark and embracing it's LGBT fanbase.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torchwood.

Finished Reading