Reeny's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Dec 23, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy, harry-potter
Read from March 23 to June 29, 2016

Ultimate Reading Challange : A book from your childhood.

This is the book that started it all.

I absolutely loved revisiting it with the illustrated edition. Beautiful drawings that helped bring the story to life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Quotes Reeny Liked

J.K. Rowling
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

J.K. Rowling
“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”

J.K. Rowling
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”

03/23/2016 marked as: read
03/23/2016 marked as: currently-reading
05/26/2016 page 140
56.0% "Before the Troll incident on Halloween, Hermione is sitting and crying in the girl's bathroom bc she is upset. This makes sense if you go to regular school and want to get away and be alone. It doesn't make much sense when you're boarding school and you could just go to your bedroom to be alone and cry..." 2 comments
05/26/2016 page 159
64.0% "I had forgotten about Fred & George bewitching snowballs to hit the back of Quirrell's head...which is Voldemort's face." 1 comment
05/29/2016 page 166
67.0% ""Hagrid getting redder and redder in the face as he called for more wine, finally kissing Professor McGonagall on the cheek, who, to Harry's amazement, giggled and blushed, her top hat lop-sided" Hogwarts profs getting wine drunk at Christmas dinner"
05/29/2016 page 171
69.0% ""The Potters smiled and waved at Harry and he stared hungrily back at them, his hands pressed flat against the glass as though he was hoping to fall right through and reach them. He had a powerful kind of ache inside him, half joy, half terrible sadness.""
06/02/2016 page 179
72.0% ""He sometimes had the horrible feeling that Snape could read minds" well..."
06/02/2016 page 187
76.0% "Why is Hagrid less mature than the first years?" 2 comments
06/17/2016 page 201
81.0% "Harry thinks Hermione might complain about losing a night of revision bc of detention...but the detention is at 11pm! Was she planning on pulling an all nighter? She's 12! (I guess I should also be concerned that detention is late at night but really I'm more worried about Hermione's sanity. Homegirl needs some therapy)"
06/17/2016 page 203
82.0% "Also Filch is shady AF. Could Dumbledore not find another person to be the custodian???"
06/17/2016 page 206
06/17/2016 page 206
83.0% ""Nothing in this forest will touch you if you're with me or Fang...JUST KIDDING HE IS A COWARD, you're gonna die in here, Malfoy" Okay, Hagrid" 3 comments
06/28/2016 page 213
86.0% ""Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down." Except for when when he got drunk and told a stranger how to get past fluffy in exchange for an illegal dragon egg."
06/28/2016 page 222
90.0% "Harry fell from the trapdoor on the third floor to MILES below the school and was still able to call up to Hermione and Ron? Seems legit."
06/28/2016 page 222
90.0% "And Harry and Ron being little bitches when Hermione is trying to save their lives"
06/28/2016 page 235
95.0% "I would like to know how Voldemort met Quirrell. Was he an invisible spirit? Was he that creepy baby creature? Need more info."
06/29/2016 marked as: read