BWT (Belen)'s Reviews > Fit to be Tied

Fit to be Tied by Mary Calmes

bookshelves: favorites, gay-book-reviews, mm-favorites, mm-fiction, audiobook, 2015, 5-stars-for-real

Belens Audio Book Review

Once again, Tristan James outdoes himself. He takes this story and shines a light on all the deeply nuanced corners and crevices. It's a fantastic performance for a superb story!

5+star-award2
****************************
I have one thing to say about this story: Buckle up, 'cause this ride goes from zero to a hundred sixty in three point one seconds flat!

Buckle up bitches

Okay, so obviously I have more to say than that - but I really wanted to use that gif...

At the beginning of the story we find ourselves back with Miro and Ian being...Miro and Ian. It's been about eight months since they've become partners in private too and their private relationship is not all kittens and rainbows...

What was sad was that I always did that, always wanted it all instead of being happy with what I had. My friends had different theories about why I pushed when the person I cared about—and in this case: desperately, madly, loved—wasn’t ready. The idea everyone liked the best was that because I was a foster kid who was passed around from pillar to post until I was legal, when I saw my happily ever after, I went after it like a charging bull.

Even though privately Miro and Ian are having some growing pains their professional relationship is the same as ever. Seriously. In the first chapter alone there's two foot chases, a roof jump, and Sam Kage being a badass. It's AWESOME!

This is the best

So what do I think you need to know? The story is once again told entirely from Miro's perspective. Chickie Baby, Drake and Cabot, and Dr. Hartley all make appearances. And I really, really don't want to give anything away with this review - suffice it to say I think I said, "Holy shit!" more times than any other book this year. This was a roller coaster ride of action and emotion that I didn't want to end. Fans of All Kinds of Tied Down will not be disappointed with this installment.

“What the fuck, Ian? I’m your partner. Before anything else, I’m the guy who—”
“No!” he roared. “Before anything else you’re my
life, you stupid prick!”

So-excited

Okay, okay...one thing (of several) that I absolutely loved? NSFW...(view spoiler)

Bottom Line: This story grabs you by the throat and doesn't let up the grip until the final page. Packed with action, humor, scorching hot sexy times, and plenty of emotions...Fit To Be Tied was a rollicking, action packed, good time I just wanted more of!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Advanced Review Copy generously provided by Dreamspinner Press in exchange for an honest review.

This review has been cross-posted at Reviews by Jessewave.
*********************

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fit to be Tied.

August 12, 2015 – Shelved
August 12, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
August 31, 2015 – Started Reading
August 31, 2015 –
0.0% "I'm so excited!!\n \n "
August 31, 2015 –
36.0% "Dr. Hartley shows up!"
August 31, 2015 –
40.0% "Grr! Lunch hour over...have to put story down...don't wanna."
August 31, 2015 –
68.0% "Holy. Shit. This just got intense."
August 31, 2015 –
69.0% "“I drank some of your blood yesterday and ate a piece of flesh from your shoulder the night before. I apologize about the divot.”\n \n What the ever-loving fuck? Oh. My. God."
August 31, 2015 –
80.0% "“What the fuck, Ian? I’m your partner. Before anything else, I’m the guy who—”\n “No!” he roared. “Before anything else you’re my life, you stupid prick!”"
August 31, 2015 –
85.0% "...and was amazed at the cost on the beef tenderloin my regular butcher, Eddie, passed me over the counter. \n “Holy crap, are you kidding?” \n He shrugged. “It’s some of the best, Jones. Whaddya want me to say?”\n “Is it unicorn? Is that why it costs so much?” \n The little girl standing close to me gasped, and if looks could kill, her mother’s would have stopped my heart right there."
August 31, 2015 –
87.0% "“You love me.”\n “I used to, back at the beginning of this conversation.”"
August 31, 2015 –
88.0% "Because, of course, a woman named "Emerson" would think nothing of naming her daughter "Saxon".\n \n #stupidkidnames"
August 31, 2015 –
90.0% "No, no, NO! Why? Stupid, stupid, STUPID!!!"
August 31, 2015 –
94.0% "...because of Sam Kage.\n \n *massive fist pump!*"
August 31, 2015 –
96.0% "“Take me, have me, use me, whatever you want,” I said, trying to keep my lips on his even as I issued my desperate plea.\n \n Yes!!"
August 31, 2015 – Shelved as: favorites
August 31, 2015 – Shelved as: gay-book-reviews
August 31, 2015 – Shelved as: mm-favorites
August 31, 2015 – Finished Reading
September 23, 2015 – Shelved as: mm-fiction
December 6, 2015 – Shelved as: audiobook
December 9, 2015 –
0.0% "Audio choice for today."
January 2, 2016 – Shelved as: 2015
May 21, 2017 – Shelved as: 5-stars-for-real

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

Sara OMG! OMMFG! Seriously? This is how I met Sam and Jory... I did it backwards but I lurved these two! ACK! *faints*

Renée Damn it. Now you're gonna make me post a gif too. I was already thinking I really had to.....I've been dancing in my head since it posted earlier.

BWT (Belen) Renee wrote: "Damn it. Now you're gonna make me post a gif too. I was already thinking I really had to.....I've been dancing in my head since it posted earlier."

LMAO Why do you have to? Just because I'm gif happy...if your friends all jumped off a bridge would you jump too? Hahahaha

Renée Lol! I was already thinking about it, then yours made me even happier about the release. No jumping off bridges.

Gigi 5 stars from me too!! Fucking LOVED it!

Renée Loved!! I liked it more than the first.

BWT (Belen) Renee wrote: "Loved!! I liked it more than the first."

I LOVED IT!!!

Emma Sea omg your spoilered gif! yowza!
great review. I NEED EEEET

Renée Love the review! Reread soon. It was amazing!

BWT (Belen) Renee wrote: "Love the review! Reread soon. It was amazing!"

BWT (Belen) Emma Sea wrote: "omg your spoilered gif! yowza!
great review. I NEED EEEET"

I called that gif "pound town". It's still making me giggle.

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ I'm going avoid reading your review until I've read the book, but your five stars have me even more excited about reading it.

* A Reader Obsessed * What Val said.

message 15: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Good idea guys! There are a few spoilers that may come out and it's always so much more fun when you're surprised. It really is a great book!

* A Reader Obsessed * Gigi wrote: "Good idea guys! There are a few spoilers that may come out and it's always so much more fun when you're surprised. It really is a great book!"

Can't wait!

BWT (Belen) Ha! The ONE time I write an almost completely spoiler free review and you're waiting to read it. Hahaha

Even my "spoiler" isn't very spoilerish.

Hahahaha

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ BWT (Belen) wrote: "Ha! The ONE time I write an almost completely spoiler free review and you're waiting to read it. Hahaha

Even my "spoiler" isn't very spoilerish.

Hahahaha"

This is one the rare times that I'm not reading the review. Normally, I'd read them even if it had major spoilers. I'm guessing my excitement about this one is outweighing my want to know.

BWT (Belen) No, I totally understand. Really. That's why I didn't spoil. I actually agree you should go in blind. It's so GOOD.

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈ Ok, so I finally read your review. Man! You hit the nail on the head with it all. I loved every fricken moment of this. I cannot wait until it is on audio.

Wendy Damn that's one hot gif you have hiding there...yummy

BWT (Belen) Valerie *MM Romance Junkie* wrote: "Ok, so I finally read your review. Man! You hit the nail on the head with it all. I loved every fricken moment of this. I cannot wait until it is on audio."

Me too! Me too!!!

BWT (Belen) Wendy wrote: "Damn that's one hot gif you have hiding there...yummy"

Umm hmm