Beverly's Reviews > Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball

Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita K. Paul

Dec 22, 2010

Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita K. Paul is a beautiful, romantic Christmas story. Cora Crowder, “trying to catch Christmas” enters the bookshop of Warner, Werner, and Wizbotterdad’s (a rather unusual bookshop on an rather unusual street) searching for a gift for a relative. While there she runs into her boss’s boss, Simon Derrick. Later after leaving the store, both Cora and Simon are surprised to discover they have been given a ticket The Wizard’s Christmas Ball. The shop owners on Sage Street lea by the bookshop proprietors, host an annual Christmas ball for special couples they have decided to bring together.

Cora is a Christian struggling to do the right thing and have the right attitude. Simon is a Christian concerned with taking care of his widowed mother, younger special needs sister, great aunt and grandfather. Though they have worked in the same office for the last five years, before their trip to the bookstore, they barely noticed each other. But after their visit to the bookstore, the magic begins.

I loved this book. Perhaps it is easy to foretell the ending, but it’s a happy ending, one very appropriate for the Christmas season. I loved the sweet, romantic, spiritual nature of this book. Once I picked it up, I couldn’t put it down. Paul has created loveable, delightful characters with great depth. It’s easy to like Cora, Simon and Simons’ sister Sandy. I love the way she has woven magic into a truly spiritual story. After all, wizards are not like witches. In this beautiful book, the definition of wizard follows the original origin – wise one.

If you need a feel good read, this is the book for you.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball.