Jane Hunt's Reviews > I Take You

I Take You by Eliza Kennedy

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

There's nothing sweet about Lily and yet she makes an instant impression that deepens as her story unfolds and despite her lack of tact, questionable morals and other faults I ended up liking her.

I like to escape to another world, when I read and this book certainly delivers. I've never visited New York but the characterisations and ethos appear realistic, as you might expect from someone who lives there.

'I Take You', is deliberately controversial. Lily enjoys sex and fails to be monogamous even when she is supposedly in a committed relationship with Will and many readers of RomCom and Chick Lit may find her difficult to empathise with, or even understand. I let the story flow over me, laughed at the ribald humour and read the story in a few hours.

The pacing is fast, except for the last couple of chapters, which slowed down the story and didn't deliver any surprises. The ending too is a little anticlimactic, although romantic. The characters are vivid, I especially liked Freddy. Will is harder to like, read the story and see if you agree.

I received a copy of this book from Vintage Books Random House via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Eliza Kennedy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Take You.

August 11, 2015 – Started Reading